Tottenham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad Idea in all fairness. Think sometimes you have to go for a more defensive approach to kill off teams that we know are in form and have pace on the break.

Unfortunatley MP only plays attacking against any english opposition which is why we get caught on the break/give soft goals away every game against a half decent team that find out weaknesses straight away.

yep, agree. And we all know MP will go with the predictable lineup of fernando fernandhino yaya in midfield leaving our fullbacks exposed.

Fourth in the league, and not out of the race.

I'll be buying a Wembley ticket for a final soon, which most supporters of any team would give their right arm for, my payment for the game in the final stages of the Champions League goes out today, and we are still in the FA Cup.

It's a really shit season so far, isn't it?

We beat Spurs on Sunday, Arsenal beat Leicester, and the whole complexion changes.

Stop being so melodramatic.

There is loads of football still to be played, and we are still in the race.

I'd loved to have seen this place 20 years ago. Fuck me, a dose of Prozac would have been sent to every new subscriber.
Getting rather tired of these posts telling how happy I should be and how great things are compared to the bad old days. However, I am a fair minded person normally and if we are still in 3 competitions having won the Cup Final in three weeks time I will come on here and beg forgiveness for being so melodramatic!!!!

Will Spurs press high and play a high line? If so we're probably better to try our recent cup tactics of a quick mobile team and be happy to cede possession and try and play balls for forwards to chase or be ready to counterattack. Means the crowd would have to be patient as well.

Sure that we have a quick mobile team? I thought the main problem right now is an injury reduced overplayed out of steam squad.
If the players were fit and fresh the 2nd half performance at Sunderland would puzzle me. And the last defeat would be due to weak mentality against a 'poor underdog' who has to be beaten.

No, I still hope 7 days time of recovery will bring back some kind of competitive power of legs and mentality. Let's see.

Maybe City still fits the hunting position much better than being the rabbit. But we somehow should control the gap to the top.

At the moment we seem to be relying on Aguero to keep us in the hunt. But if we can just keep in touch for the next month until a few of the injured players (especially Kompany) are back we could put a run together. With City things can swing from despair to jubilation (and back) fairly quickly. And the other contenders will drop points.

If Aguero and Kompany each play in more than 10 of the remaining fixtures we will win the league.
A bold statement and it might just come true. However, we are running out of road and I just can't see VK staying fit till the end of the season. Finally lose on Sunday and that's it folks I'm afraid. Although I'm sure we will still have people on here saying we can still turn it around.

The player we'll miss the most this weekend will be Navas, his presence alone would've nulified their fullbacks pushing on and also give us an outlet on the counter if he got in behind.

I'm just hoping with a full weeks rest and no mid-week game we can have a word with ourselves, regroup and go again, i'm not feeling that confident though.

Yep till the players see the team Pellegrini picks

Sure that we have a quick mobile team? I thought the main problem right now is an injury reduced overplayed out of steam squad.
If the players were fit and fresh the 2nd half performance at Sunderland would puzzle me. And the last defeat would be due to weak mentality against a 'poor underdog' who has to be beaten.

No, I still hope 7 days time of recovery will bring back some kind of competitive power of legs and mentality. Let's see.

Maybe City still fits the hunting position much better than being the rabbit. But we somehow should control the gap to the top.

Against villa we played Delph, Fernandinho, Sterling and Kelechi. Pity we don't have Navas this weekend.

A bold statement and it might just come true. However, we are running out of road and I just can't see VK staying fit till the end of the season. Finally lose on Sunday and that's it folks I'm afraid. Although I'm sure we will still have people on here saying we can still turn it around.
Sounds like your losing your faith there Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.