Tottenham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph will be a big miss, his energy was key for games like this and the final imo. It now means Yaya can't be subbed off when he decides he can't be arsed. Apart from left back the team picks itself now

------------------Hart

Zab-Otamendi-Kompany-Clichy/Kolarov

---------------Fernando

------Fernandinho------ Yaya

Silva------------------------------ Sterling

----------------Aguero

You can even pick the 3 subs that will come on too. Kelechi will replace Kun if we are winning or a midfielder if we need a goal. MDM will come on for Fernando/Yaya to sit in midfield towards the end if he isn't needed to cover another Kompany breakdown and Kolarov/Clichy will rotate or Kolarov will end up left wing.

As if Pellegrini wasn't easy enough to predict as it is. Pochettino will be able to predict that just as easily and will set up his high energy team correctly to counter the strengths we have in that side and exploit our weaknesses. They'll murder us as will Liverpool.

------------------Hart

Zab..Otamendi...Kompany....Clichy

---------------Fernando

-----Fernandinho------ Yaya

----------------Aguero

That seems to be the only team possible, but surely he's going to pick Clichy, it would be madness if he didn't.

I think you're being a bit pessimistic. On paper that's a brilliant side. I actually watched the first half of the Sevilla game again last night, I think I'm right in saying that's the only time we have set up with those 3 in midfield in that shape, and all 3 were excellent. Dinho and Yaya were absolutely outstanding in that game.

From memory the same 3 started at Villa Park a few days later, but the shape was different, I think Fernandinho and Fernando sat and Yaya played as a number 10, where he's never effective from the start. Whereas in Seville, Fernando sat and Fernandinho and Yaya pressed, and they were both brilliant. Fernandinho got all the credit in that game, but Yaya was superb as well. Having that security blanket of Fernando sat deep allowed him to play his usual box to box game without us leaving us vulnerable to the counter down the middle.

I also think it gets the most out of Sterling, he can make that diagonal run which he is so good at. It possibly doesn't get the best out of Silva, but he's played there enough for Spain and hasn't done too badly!

There's no way Spurs will have prepared for us playing that shape. Everyone thought Delph was going to be playing left midfield in a 4231. We would have had some square pegs in round holes if we played like that. Delph on the left, Fernando in a 2, Yaya as a 10, none of them are suited to those positions.

Whereas if we go for the shape in the post above, it puts Fernando in his best position, Yaya and Fernandinho in their best positions, Sterling in his best position. The only player not in his ideal role is Silva, but he's still very capable of playing in that shape.

Gutted Sagna and Delph are out, but with Silva being back, I think it forces the manager to change shape a little which will be of double benefit that it plays to our available player's strengths, and it also is a shape we don't usually play, so will hopefully mess up all of Tottenham's preparation through the week.

And that's without mentioning El Capitain being back fit! Lots of causes for optimism on Sunday, come on City!

------------------Hart

---------------Fernando

----------------Aguero

That seems to be the only team possible, but surely he's going to pick Clichy, it would be madness if he didn't.

I think you're being a bit pessimistic. On paper that's a brilliant side. I actually watched the first half of the Sevilla game again last night, I think I'm right in saying that's the only time we have set up with those 3 in midfield in that shape, and all 3 were excellent. Dinho and Yaya were absolutely outstanding in that game.

From memory the same 3 started at Villa Park a few days later, but the shape was different, I think Fernandinho and Fernando sat and Yaya played as a number 10, where he's never effective from the start. Whereas in Seville, Fernando sat and Fernandinho and Yaya pressed, and they were both brilliant. Fernandinho got all the credit in that game, but Yaya was superb as well. Having that security blanket of Fernando sat deep allowed him to play his usual box to box game without us leaving us vulnerable to the counter down the middle.

I also think it gets the most out of Sterling, he can make that diagonal run which he is so good at. It possibly doesn't get the best out of Silva, but he's played there enough for Spain and hasn't done too badly!

There's no way Spurs will have prepared for us playing that shape. Everyone thought Delph was going to be playing left midfield in a 4231. We would have had some square pegs in round holes if we played like that. Delph on the left, Fernando in a 2, Yaya as a 10, none of them are suited to those positions.

Whereas if we go for the shape in the post above, it puts Fernando in his best position, Yaya and Fernandinho in their best positions, Sterling in his best position. The only player not in his ideal role is Silva, but he's still very capable of playing in that shape.

Gutted Sagna and Delph are out, but with Silva being back, I think it forces the manager to change shape a little which will be of double benefit that it plays to our available player's strengths, and it also is a shape we don't usually play, so will hopefully mess up all of Tottenham's preparation through the week.

And that's without mentioning El Capitain being back fit! Lots of causes for optimism on Sunday, come on City!

/\ /\

Mint post.

How to address positivity, negativity and the tactical answer all in one post.

I like that midfield 3, a lot. If Yaya brings his A game, we are on.

------------------Hart

---------------Fernando

----------------Aguero

Makes far too much sense. Lets see how we line up on Sunday. I would love it to be exactly this but Manuel is not one for conformity.

------------------Hart

---------------Fernando

----------------Aguero

This is the proper line up but clearly Manuel isn't that smart and will prob bench both Silva and Kompany. He doesn't understand the weight for this game on sunday... Too important of a game to leave out Silva and Kompany.

------------------Hart

---------------Fernando

----------------Aguero

That seems to be the only team possible,

Not only the only team possible but , arguably, only KDB short of our best eleven. I for one am hugely encouraged by today's injury news and am far more optimistic about this particular game than earlier in the week.

------------------Hart

---------------Fernando

----------------Aguero

Do you think Kompany should be risked for a game of this magnitude where we need him at his best! I hope it doesnt turn out like the Pool game of 2013, where he just came back from injury and slashed his clearance.

------------------Hart

---------------Fernando

----------------Aguero

Same team as i posted. On paper i completely agree it's actually a good team and much better than what pellegrini would do if he had more options, the injuries are almost forcing him to actually make the right choice in terms of lineup. However, i don't believe they'll play as we'd hope that side would. They'll be a complete lack of urgency and no tempo which is absolutely vital in that kind of formation. I think Spurs will line up similarly but their energy will completely outshine us.

Yaya will go missing upfield and assume he doesn't have to do any defensive work as he's got protection behind him, Silva will drift in too much and leave us vulnerable down that side defensively and Aguero will be isolated because there's no real link between midfield and defence. Sterling won't get any support from Clichy offensively and he seems to have forgot how to take a defender on and Kyle walker is fast enough to keep up with him for pace so i anticipate a quiet night for Raheem.

------------------Hart

---------------Fernando

----------------Aguero

Brilliant post. As long as Yaya and Silva play better than they have done. If we play this 11 I think we will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.