Tottenham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has, absolutely.

However it's always offset with MORE injuries. We get 2 back, 2 of our best btw, but lose 2 others. You couldn't make it up. If I owned a cat I'd be looking for it, because the club have ran over one.

It's terrible luck.

It's fucking unbelievably frustrating.

------------------Hart

Zab..Otamendi...Kompany....Clichy

---------------Fernando

-----Fernandinho------ Yaya

Silva------------------------------ Sterling

----------------Aguero

That seems to be the only team possible, but surely he's going to pick Clichy, it would be madness if he didn't.

I think you're being a bit pessimistic. On paper that's a brilliant side. I actually watched the first half of the Sevilla game again last night, I think I'm right in saying that's the only time we have set up with those 3 in midfield in that shape, and all 3 were excellent. Dinho and Yaya were absolutely outstanding in that game.

From memory the same 3 started at Villa Park a few days later, but the shape was different, I think Fernandinho and Fernando sat and Yaya played as a number 10, where he's never effective from the start. Whereas in Seville, Fernando sat and Fernandinho and Yaya pressed, and they were both brilliant. Fernandinho got all the credit in that game, but Yaya was superb as well. Having that security blanket of Fernando sat deep allowed him to play his usual box to box game without us leaving us vulnerable to the counter down the middle.

I also think it gets the most out of Sterling, he can make that diagonal run which he is so good at. It possibly doesn't get the best out of Silva, but he's played there enough for Spain and hasn't done too badly!

There's no way Spurs will have prepared for us playing that shape. Everyone thought Delph was going to be playing left midfield in a 4231. We would have had some square pegs in round holes if we played like that. Delph on the left, Fernando in a 2, Yaya as a 10, none of them are suited to those positions.

Whereas if we go for the shape in the post above, it puts Fernando in his best position, Yaya and Fernandinho in their best positions, Sterling in his best position. The only player not in his ideal role is Silva, but he's still very capable of playing in that shape.

Gutted Sagna and Delph are out, but with Silva being back, I think it forces the manager to change shape a little which will be of double benefit that it plays to our available player's strengths, and it also is a shape we don't usually play, so will hopefully mess up all of Tottenham's preparation through the week.

And that's without mentioning El Capitain being back fit! Lots of causes for optimism on Sunday, come on City!
It seems we are in agreement for once :)

I think it's quite telling though, that we are in agreement after you watched replays :p

Perhaps if you rewatched more, we'd be on the same side more often.
8-)

COME ON CITY!!! COME ON CITY!!! Fuck Spurs, fuck Arsenal and fuck Leicester!! We're CITY and we fight until the end. Forget about last weekend,it's gone. If whatever team we put out play to their potential and give 100 % then we'll smash them horrible north London bastards. We don't feel sorry for ourselves because we've had a heinous injury list, we don't sit and dwell on bad results.. what we do, is fight until the end..We've done it twice in the last 4 seasons and unlike the other 3 upstarts, we won't beat ourselves on the run in because experience in this shit is priceless . We can do it.. COME ON CITY!!! P.S I am writing this with a straight face ;-)

Many on here refusing to blame our situation on our rotten luck re injuries , However had we been full compliment i dont think we would have been so inept and naïve I really hope we batter Spuds it was so depressing taking a hammering at a ground that has been so successful post takeover" Edins day" will live long in the memory .pity his reward for hid endeavour was to be dropped

Let's attack Spurs. 4-3-3. Dinho, Nando and Toure mid. Kelechi, Kun, and Raz up top. We need guys to attack the box. We can't have Kun isolated with an attack that never shoots from outside the box. Let's have some good runs by the top 3. Sit Silva if not needed until the hour mark.

If we beat Spurs and at least draw Liverpool. 4 points v Lei, Spurs and Liverpool away is ok in that run.

I fancy an Arsenal win at lunch to keep us in it.

Anyone else predicting that Spuds will try to kick fuck out of Merlin and Vinny and the blind bastards officiating will let them away with it?
as team with the most yellow cards in the prem is is pretty obvious the tactic they like - pure thuggery
this time I pray we have a ref who can see , a lino who knows what offside means and despite the dirty spudbastards doing what they do best - foul!

Kompany and Silva being named fit has completely changed the mood of this thread.

I have spent all week down in the dumps after the Leicester game and although I'm still lacking confidence with regards to the Spurs game, hearing the Silva/Kompany news has lifted me hugely.

I work with a Spurs fan and he was gutted when he heard they were fit. I mentioned that it doesn't change anything and in my eyes Spurs are still favourites.

Then he reminded me that Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero have formed the best spine in the premier league for the past 4 years and if all 4 are on song, City win!!

He's right......they've hardly played together this season and they could well be rusty/off form, but if these guys all turn up at the same time, we'll beat anyone in this league.

I have a sneaky feeling that we might right a few wrongs on Sunday.

I hope Pellers isn't as tactically naive as he was last week, where we played straight into Liecester City's hands.
No more crab football from Yaya please, quick ball, round the back, down the channels, none of this Arsenalesque walking into the net bollocks, let's see some fire, some fight, some blue steel, and a rousing team talk from Vinny as he takes the boys into battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.