Tottenham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idiotic to start Kompany, he'll just get injured again. Yes MDM is awful these days but you'd rather have Kompany fit for the rest of the season rather than just playing one game and being out.

He's reportedly been training for 3 weeks now, Iit's not like we're rushing him back. if he's fit enough for the bench, he's fit enough to start. If match fitness is an issue then you deal with that after 60-70-80 minutes when he's knackered.

spurs will go down at every opportunity in the final third, knowing they'll more than likely get the decision- and are dangerous at free kicks with erikson. look at kane 'winning' the free kick that lead to the 2nd goal in the previous match. otamendi hopefully has learnt from that and won't give them an easy out again.

Last edited:
Idiotic to start Kompany, he'll just get injured again. Yes MDM is awful these days but you'd rather have Kompany fit for the rest of the season rather than just playing one game and being out.
How is it idiotic to play him? If he is fit then he is no more likely to get injured tomorrow's than next week

How is it idiotic to play him? If he is fit then he is no more likely to get injured tomorrow's than next week

It might be argued that it was idiotic to play him against Sunderland, that the injury proved that he was brought back too soon.

But it seemed to me that, if he could aggravate the injury in the way that he did against Sunderland, then he could just have easily aggravated it in training. There again I'm nor a medical expert, as many on here appear to be.

You know if this weekend was a meaningless friendly match for Belgium, he would be playing.

Of course you need to ensure he is, in fact recovered fully from the injury.
And take a call whether a rusty, just back in training kompany is better than demichelis (possibly but tricky question against a high pressing team like spurs)

But if the answer to both questions is yes, then why not, he will have to come back soon considering the current state of our defense.

------------------Hart

Zab..Otamendi...Kompany....Clichy

---------------Fernando

-----Fernandinho------ Yaya

Silva------------------------------ Sterling

----------------Aguero

That seems to be the only team possible, but surely he's going to pick Clichy, it would be madness if he didn't.

I think you're being a bit pessimistic. On paper that's a brilliant side. I actually watched the first half of the Sevilla game again last night, I think I'm right in saying that's the only time we have set up with those 3 in midfield in that shape, and all 3 were excellent. Dinho and Yaya were absolutely outstanding in that game.

From memory the same 3 started at Villa Park a few days later, but the shape was different, I think Fernandinho and Fernando sat and Yaya played as a number 10, where he's never effective from the start. Whereas in Seville, Fernando sat and Fernandinho and Yaya pressed, and they were both brilliant. Fernandinho got all the credit in that game, but Yaya was superb as well. Having that security blanket of Fernando sat deep allowed him to play his usual box to box game without us leaving us vulnerable to the counter down the middle.

I also think it gets the most out of Sterling, he can make that diagonal run which he is so good at. It possibly doesn't get the best out of Silva, but he's played there enough for Spain and hasn't done too badly!

There's no way Spurs will have prepared for us playing that shape. Everyone thought Delph was going to be playing left midfield in a 4231. We would have had some square pegs in round holes if we played like that. Delph on the left, Fernando in a 2, Yaya as a 10, none of them are suited to those positions.

Whereas if we go for the shape in the post above, it puts Fernando in his best position, Yaya and Fernandinho in their best positions, Sterling in his best position. The only player not in his ideal role is Silva, but he's still very capable of playing in that shape.

Gutted Sagna and Delph are out, but with Silva being back, I think it forces the manager to change shape a little which will be of double benefit that it plays to our available player's strengths, and it also is a shape we don't usually play, so will hopefully mess up all of Tottenham's preparation through the week.

And that's without mentioning El Capitain being back fit! Lots of causes for optimism on Sunday, come on City!
For the first time this week I'm more positive about tomorrow, the news that Dave and vinny are likely to play is a major boost, your team above with the addition of sterling is very much our best team although kdb would play for me if fit. I know we have a lot of injuries but your 11 is about as good as we've got if they perform.

I hope/think we'll see something like this

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Otamendi
Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya Toure
Sterling
Silva
Aguero

Caballero
Demichelis
Kolarov
M. Garcia
A. Garcia
Angelino
Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.