Tottenham Stadium Delay

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Chris Holmes, 13 Aug 2018.

1. JimB

JimB

Actually, JPBB, I have to disagree with you on this. For all that Levy does look at the big picture, he also very much has an eye for detail.Nothing escapes him.

I suspect that he gave the issue of compensation at least some thought and that he concluded that to offer compensation would open a huge can of worms that could end up costing the club a lot of money - not just with regard to this case but for previous issues too and any that might occur in the future. He will not have wanted to set a precedent. He might well have weighed up the pros and cons and decided that, on balance, doing nothing was the least bad option.

Obviously, though, that doesn't help the fans of either club that ended up out of pocket and greatly inconvenienced. And I fully understand their anger. I wonder whether Levy couldn't at least have made some kind of gesture 'without prejudice'.

2. JimB

JimB

Yep, they've discovered a leak in the roof. Very hard to identify in the first instance until the roof is tested by heavy rain. Very easy to fix now that it has been identified.

3. gingerprince

gingerprince

I looked at pic of the roof yesterday on official pic.

Is it an illusion as the roof doesn't seem to afford

that much,protection from rain?

4. JimB

JimB

I wouldn't call them shutters for starters. They are perforated panels. But that's not the point. Your post sneered at the use of the perforated metal panels on the new WHL while lauding the use of PTFE plastic panels on the Allianz Arena, as if the latter are inherently superior and that you are the sole arbiter of such.

Perhaps that wasn't your intention but it was certainly the way you came across!

5. JimB

JimB

The roof covers all the seats but, in any open stadium, it is inevitable that depending on wind direction, those in the front however many rows will get wet. No way of avoiding it. The best that can be done in that respect is to have a roof that slopes down - as at the Emirates or Old Trafford - but that has the far worse (IMO) consequence of blocking from view large sections of the remainder of the stadium for those in the upper tiers.

6. JPBB

JPBB

Team supported:
    Spurs
    Jim, for a long time, I have thought that you are indeed Daniel Levy himself. So I defer to you on this.

7. mat

mat

Announced staring at Wembley for next two months. They should stop taking the piss and keep Wembley for rest of season.

8. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    The PL should have taken it out of their hands long before this stage.

Hoghead and mat like this.
  9. mat

mat

Media Darlings get away with it again. Make the ****s play at Enfield.

10. SiMCFC

SiMCFC

So... If Spurs beat Chelsea and get to the League Cup Final, surely it can't be played at Wembley now, that really would be the ultimate piss take.