Tottenham Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte probably already lost the players, maybe after that public rant. Shite mentality in their squad all around and Levy continues to feed it. Imagine back then when Pep said that it wasn't his team playing and our players subsequently told him to fuck off.

Managerial graveyard at Spurs. Rubbish squad letting down proven winners, backed by a clueless owner. If Nagelsmann had any sense or at least been paying attention, he'd steer well clear.
On the contrary he can get a good payday and if he does manage to win something he is a hero. Can potentially eye up bigger jobs in the PL while he is at it.

Much of the press/media coverage of Spurs today seems to revolve around whether the responsibility for the club's years without a trophy lies mainly with Conte or Levy. Since this is the first club Conte has failed to win a title with and since levy has been at Spurs since 2001 and managed one trophy that would seem to point in one direction! But Spurs have not managed a league title since 1961! An F A cup since 1991 (or even a final!) The did win the League cup in 2008 for Levy, but have been beaten in 4 finals during his tenure. Since 1961 Spurs have won 5 FA cups and 4 League cups, of which 8 of these pre-date Levy; in other words they could expect no league titles but 1 knock out cup every 5 years post war but pre-Levy but post-Levy there average can't be worked out! Overall, though their record is not inspiring though in cup competitions it is certainly more than adequate - until Levy's arrival. Since they won the League in 1961 13 other teams have won it and though 10 of these are currently in the PL, 3 are not and of the 13 8 have suffered at least one relegation and some rather more. Spurs have been one of those clubs that have proved successful at surviving and even winning cups but have never really troubled the top of the table even during the big spending of the Venables years. Their last manager two win two different trophies was Bill Nicholson, manager from 1958-74! Since then they have had 23 managers, 16 of whom have lasted 2 seasons or fewer! Only 3 have won anything. Levy has been "in charge" for roughly a third of the period covered (62 yeas, so a fair sample). So, who is to blame? Levy? Conte? Someone or something else?
A good post. Spurs pre Levy were always considered a good cup team. The ground redevelopment aside, the legacy of his years will be one of bottlers and under achievers. Personally I think Conte's rant was unsavoury and attempted to gloss over his own failings but the sooner Levy packs his bags the better as far as the club is concerned.

A good post. Spurs pre Levy were always considered a good cup team. The ground redevelopment aside, the legacy of his years will be one of bottlers and under achievers. Personally I think Conte's rant was unsavoury and attempted to gloss over his own failings but the sooner Levy packs his bags the better as far as the club is concerned.
It is interesting that Conte appeared to to attach no blame at all to himself in his diatribe and one is bound to ask how a manager can really avoid any impact at all on a club. Similarly he seemed to exempt Levy from much criticism but gave it the players right between the eyes. Levy' however, has to explain hoe he inherited a club with a tradition of moderate under achievement and built a tradition of near total failure despit employing some managers or proven merit. I think the Spurs stadium is an exceptional venue but every time it comes to mind I am reminded of the Southampton chairman whose reaction to relegation from the PL was to remark that he couldn't see why the fans were so angry because the club's corporate hospitality was the best in the league! Maybe Spurs legacy of failure does boil down to a question of priorities.

With how many medals to go with it?

With how many medals to go with it?
This is my issue with Kane. Personally I'd prefer to score goals that meant something. A last min semi final winner in a cup run that ended in an FA Cup. A goal that won you the league. A CL final equaliser. I'd prefer to have scored less than the top scorers that year but my team won the league. Not bang in loads of pens and take glory from being the only player to take some small piece of glory in a team of losers.

Imagine sharing a dressing room with his beaming face absolutely buzzing off his own personal meaningless glory when the rest of you have not won fuck all all season, the season before last or before that one too. I used to work in sales and sometimes there would be teams I'd lead that would be in the lowest scorers for the office or region that month and no one was happy about it - tell you what the team was less happy about, the smug **** who was the only one getting sales in a team of failures. Usually this person would move on to better teams - he needs to move on at this point and at least try to appear as something slightly more exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.