Tottenham Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three reasons why Spurs are Spurs
  1. Daniel Levy
  2. Daniel Levy
  3. Daniel Levy

He is fast turning into Peter Swales. He’s identified a couple of managers but he too tight to agree terms with them. I don’t think Potter will go there after the torrid time he had at Chelsea. I think they sounded out Thomas Frank and got no encouragement. Fat Sam will be available next week.

Tottenham for years have been spending their money on a fancy new stadium which has had an effect on not being able to bring in new quality players. Also the supporters are struggling with the cost of living and won't be willing to pay £70 for a ticket (Don't know how much it is). So they will struggle to bring in money.

Some of the poor signings have possibly been due to poor scouting and recruitment. Also changing managers too often has had an negative effect on players.

Conte I think was a good manager but he was working with bad players. Levy might be a terrible owner but he isn't the worst one considering how much money he's put into the club which not many owners do that.

He's not been a 'high-profile' manager for long but has done well both at AZ and also now at Feyenoord, though any success the Rotterdamers have enjoyed has to be seen against the slide in fortunes of Ajax and PSV, both of whom have recently sold numerous players or gone through managerial transitions.

Because Feyenoord have won many of the games against the smaller teams in the Eredivisie, they haven't needed to win all the six-pointers against Ajax (4 out of 6 points) and PSV (1 out of 6 points). That said, they have won the last 13 on the bounce in the league and done well in Europe, too, so he is clearly good at drilling a winning mentality.

He likes to play attractive football and seems to enjoy developing young players, so that could be a route Spurs go down. His English is quite good so he should settle easily enough and handle the media, but the squad he would inherit needs overhauling if it is to play in his style, so he'll need time. He'll also need to find help, as I presume that he won't be bringing his assistant with him, some guy called van Persie...
Why wouldn't van Persie come over, he'd have a new best mate up the road in Partey.

They could have Mr. Blobby in the dugout next season and still beat us 1-0

Cunts
Somebody on the BBC comments page replied to a post saying that Harry Redknapp assisted by Frank Lampard might by the Spursy way. Their reply suggested that Louise Redknapp assisted by Mr. Blobby might be the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.