Tottenham Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the impression Spurs were expecting every other club to stand still while they spent money on the stadium and underinvested in the squad but would still somehow qualify for the champions league. Its bit them on the bum and they are looking for a scapegoat rather than there own business model.

Spurs can beat us 1-0 at their gaff every season for me if things pan out like this. Who remembers when Middlesbrough used to be our bogey team? Nick Barmby’s 20 yard offside winner. Danny Tiatto’s worldie ruled for something nobody ever adequately explained. Peter Reid clearing the ball to the back of Flitcroft’s head and back into our own goal. Us having about 18 shots on Boro’s goal and them having none, and we lost 1-0 (Dunne own goal). Danny Mills (playing for Boro) rugby tackling Wanchope in the box and Jeff Winter waved play on. My personal favourite is having City to win the league on the handicap and them just needing to avoid defeat away at Boro to collect, (that was the 8-1).

That’s proper bogey team stuff, not this Spurs schizzle.

Spurs can beat us 1-0 at their gaff every season for me if things pan out like this. Who remembers when Middlesbrough used to be our bogey team? Nick Barmby’s 20 yard offside winner. Danny Tiatto’s worldie ruled for something nobody ever adequately explained. Peter Reid clearing the ball to the back of Flitcroft’s head and back into our own goal. Us having about 18 shots on Boro’s goal and them having none, and we lost 1-0 (Dunne own goal). Danny Mills (playing for Boro) rugby tackling Wanchope in the box and Jeff Winter waved play on. My personal favourite is having City to win the league on the handicap and them just needing to avoid defeat away at Boro to collect, (that was the 8-1).

That’s proper bogey team stuff, not this Spurs schizzle.
I think you'll find the own goal that you mention was actually scored/conceded by Sun Jihai.

Levy will probably pen another letter and demand it’s co signed by the usual demanding that our owners become as shit as him at running a football club.

It’s only fair lol

Tottenham for years have been spending their money on a fancy new stadium which has had an effect on not being able to bring in new quality players. Also the supporters are struggling with the cost of living and won't be willing to pay £70 for a ticket (Don't know how much it is). So they will struggle to bring in money.

Some of the poor signings have possibly been due to poor scouting and recruitment. Also changing managers too often has had an negative effect on players.

Conte I think was a good manager but he was working with bad players. Levy might be a terrible owner but he isn't the worst one considering how much money he's put into the club which not many owners do that.

I would hazard a guess that they are will run from a commercial viewpoint. I don't see one man (Levy), being able to create such a toxic environment. There will be a dozen, or so wankers who are well entrenched, who undermine each and probably every manager. The way they got rid of Poch speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.