Tourists

Can we stop labelling anyone with a camera as a bloody tourist.

We have this discussion every few damn months on here! And i always pop up to say i'm a lifelong blue who has had a season ticket over 20 years and went for years match by match before that too, and i'm into photography, and have took a few pics per match for 20 years.

Without people like me there would never have been a fans viewpoint in many books (Gary James has some cracking books for example, and they have contributions from fans), yet i feel like a billion people who don't even know me now judge me as "a tourist" just cos every tom dick and sally has a camera nowadays! I've been there every week. And the people around me in my seat know that (the ironic thing is the ones who are new faces every few matches look at me like *i'm* new!), but it's if i take a picture outside the stadium i just feel that everyone passing thinks i'm a newbie. Someone said so once as they passed.

It's deeply insulting actually to assume ANYONE with a camera is new. Some of us have careers or hobbies with photography, and tend to take a camera everywhere we go.

So lay off the assumptions at matches!

kippaxkid74 said:
It's deeply insulting actually to assume ANYONE with a camera is new. Some of us have careers or hobbies with photography, and tend to take a camera everywhere we go.

So lay off the assumptions at matches!

Well said :)

My Mrs likes taking pics to show to her nephews, they are mad on football and like looking at fans view pictures. Their Mother doesn't take them to games so the pics for them are great.

The worst thing about this is regular matchgoers are becoming more uncomfortable presuming people looking at them are judging them as being lesser of a fan just because of the way they look/sound or if they're taking pictures.

I'm starting to believe many of those with an agenda against "tourists" are probably tourist's themselves, makes them feel better to mock someone who might never of been to York away.

I'm American , and have spent the better part of the last 10 years "vacationing" to Manchester supporting a football club that if this forum is any indication doesn't want me anymore. The next time im touristing it up taking photos and trying to bring beer to my seat with me, I'm ok with anyone confronting me in real life. Getting banned from the stadium and going on vacations to nice places may actually save my marriage , or since this seems mostly an Internet thing , if someone wants to PayPal me the money I've spent glory hunting , I'll never set foot in your sacred town again.

I can sing most of the songs, willing to ave a go with the visiting supports, been supporting city for years BUT live in Canada... Should I cancel my next trip to Manchester? Maybe I will go to an away match in London, may save some grief from the proper fans ;)

WNRH said:
Imagine the atmosphere of the etihad when 10,000 of tourists replace 10,000 long standing City fans, all you will be able to hear is the camera's clicking away :O

Well I tell you what mate they'd be a darn site louder than they were on Saturday. Some of our supporters make me puke with all this elitist shit they spout. Everyone has to choose a team at some point in their life. Why not now? Its as good a time as any. Best supporters ? Don't make me laugh. Poor atmosphere at most home games and half empty stadium at full time when we are top of the league is poor support in my eyes.

rick773 said:
I'm American , and have spent the better part of the last 10 years "vacationing" to Manchester supporting a football club that if this forum is any indication doesn't want me anymore. The next time im touristing it up taking photos and trying to bring beer to my seat with me, I'm ok with anyone confronting me in real life. Getting banned from the stadium and going on vacations to nice places may actually save my marriage , or since this seems mostly an Internet thing , if someone wants to PayPal me the money I've spent glory hunting , I'll never set foot in your sacred town again.

I relate to your story... although I was born not too far from Manchester and have been supporting City my whole life. I get over 2 or 3 times a year. Hard to explain to the woman why you are going to Manchester in December and not some Mexican beach. And each time I come, I take a bunch of photos, because all my blue friends back in the States are interested. I guess I am a tourist. I mean, I still have the City scarf my granny knitted me in 1972 and programs from throughout the years, and photos of games and friends I've made. But I'm a tourist. I don't find the criticism of "tourists" in this forum relates to real life. I'm always welcomed whenever I come to Manchester and have made some good friends just because I'm a blue. I think what separates City from United is that I've been welcomed almost like a brother just because I'm blue. I'd hate to think we're losing that spirit of brotherhood.

Me, my mate and his lad have had the same seats in EL3 since we moved to the stadium in 2003. Through the Pearce years we felt as if we were in quarantine there were that many empty seats around us for all except the "Sky4" matches. Now we get lots of foreign accents and some rather nice eye-candy on occasions, we know which we prefer!

Don't give me the "tourists replacing 10,000 long-standing fans" bollocks, replacing a few thousand empty seats would be nearer the mark.

rick773 said:

You've obviously not read the thread because the majority view is that fans such as yourself are very welcome.

Many of those expressing hostility are only bell-ends who think the number of games you've attended has a direct correlation to their penis size. Losers.

WHAT IS A TOURIST.

I have friends from around the world who are city fans, all are as city daft as I, and have as much right to support the team i love.

I have a friend from Middlesboro who has travelled to every home and away match for 32 years until Bolton at home because he was in hospital having major heart surgery. He`s probably been to more city games than any 3 of the numb cunts who go on and complain about tourist.

Not only masses of our support, but all our first team squad and our owner could be considered tourist. That bloke from Blackpool that sat next to me in H block at Maine Road suffering the shite we often played year after year.

if anything we should praise these people not deride them for their support, because believe me, we locals have it easy.

I personally welcome our long distance fans, the more the merrier, apart from that glory hunting tosser Austinblue who i think is a bit of a closet rag

:) only kidding mate<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:12 am --<br /><br />
gordondaviesmoustache said:
rick773 said:

You've obviously not read the thread because the majority view is that fans such as yourself are very welcome.

Many of those expressing hostility are only bell-ends who think the number of games you've attended has a direct correlation to their penis size. Losers.

i wish it did, i`d be tripping up over it, in stead of fumbling to find it on these cold winter nights

If you're top of the league that is promoted as "The Greatest Show On Earth" and being broadcast to over 600 million people in over 200 countries worldwide, and you have top players like Silva, Aguero, Balotelli, YaYa, Kompany, Hart, (Tevez) Richards... and your boss is Roberto "feckin" Mancini it's kind of likely that people from all parts of the woods will come to watch the show, think we can live with that...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.