Tourists

give it to gordon said:
As an Exiled manc I hope we dont get classed as Tourist ........I'm in my 50's and my dad and granddad are and were City fans we were all born in Manchester. .........my kids are City fans but after living in the south ( utd homeland ! ) I have lost my manc accent and my kids never had one !! ....so when when we come to matches do we sound like tourist ??
I'm not sure, but I think your username expresses a very sensible sentiment.

jrb said:
And TBH , the season ticket holders not turning up excuse is wearing a little thin now. I can accept it for certain kick off times, but not for a Saturday 3pm kick off.
I can assure you there were many missing (not related) around me yesterday, and most rarely miss, so no idea why so many were missing but they were.

Is the problem with missing season ticket holders the way prices are structured, 12 games could pay for your ST against the individual tickets, then add on tickets for away games, finals etc

When I was a season ticket holder the first game of the season I would go to the shop and get some new gear, the last game of the season I would get stuff in the end of season sale or stuf for the summer hols, every other game would have been straight to the Beehive or whatever pub we were using at that time, now I am a bluecard holder and get over a LOT less, I might not go into the store all season, but might get a few things in the Market Street shop if I am stopping in town overnight for a european game

law74 said:
Is the problem with missing season ticket holders the way prices are structured, 12 games could pay for your ST against the individual tickets, then add on tickets for away games, finals etc

When I was a season ticket holder the first game of the season I would go to the shop and get some new gear, the last game of the season I would get stuff in the end of season sale or stuf for the summer hols, every other game would have been straight to the Beehive or whatever pub we were using at that time, now I am a bluecard holder and get over a LOT less, I might not go into the store all season, but might get a few things in the Market Street shop if I am stopping in town overnight for a european game

Could be price structure. We are Blue card holders and get to approx 5/6 games a season which costs around £250/season . We seriously considered going on the waiting list for £299 season tickets. In the end we have decided not to, because due to work commitments, kick off times, travel expenses we wouldn't come to any more games, except possibly the Derby etc. So if we did buy one our seats would have been empty for most of the season.
In the end we decided not to buy one and carry on choosing where we sit on a match by match basis.

give it to gordon said:
As an Exiled manc I hope we dont get classed as Tourist ........I'm in my 50's and my dad and granddad are and were City fans we were all born in Manchester. .........my kids are City fans but after living in the south ( utd homeland ! ) I have lost my manc accent and my kids never had one !! ....so when when we come to matches do we sound like tourist ??

You will but your kids won't ;o) Pfft.... Lost your accent

cleavers said:
jrb said:
And TBH , the season ticket holders not turning up excuse is wearing a little thin now. I can accept it for certain kick off times, but not for a Saturday 3pm kick off.
I can assure you there were many missing (not related) around me yesterday, and most rarely miss, so no idea why so many were missing but they were.
Half term holidays maybe.

DTKOAG said:
cleavers said:
jrb said:
Half term holidays maybe.
what do you mean

surely a holiday in sunny east Manc to see the blues is all any kid could possibly want?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.