Tourists

Ducado said:
There was a lot of no shows yesterday

All I could think of, is that it was the opposition, after more than 4 weeks away I could not wait to get back

Yep, I was craving.

Did partake in a bit of tourist activity mind as I treated myself to one of those new weatherproof coats. I see Danny Jackson had one on too.

Belting coat, but bloody expensive. Impulse buy during a cloudburst at City Square.

Put it quite simply really,a blue is a blue and anyone who chooses to support my team of 49 years,is more than welcome, buy into our heritage and enjoy everything about our club,

Went in the souvenir shop before the game at 1.15pm it was heaving was really surprised at the amount of visitors with foreign accents,sign of the times,then bring it on 60,000 can't wait.

mannycity said:
Put it quite simply really,a blue is a blue and anyone who chooses to support my team of 49 years,is more than welcome, buy into our heritage and enjoy everything about our club,

Went in the souvenir shop before the game at 1.15pm it was heaving was really surprised at the amount of visitors with foreign accents,sign of the times,then bring it on 60,000 can't wait.

To be entirely honest, I'd rather we didn't expand the stadium if the extra 12,000 seats were to be filled with day trippers and plastics.

The thought of our match-going fan base beginning to resemble that of Old Trafford doesn't sit particularly well with me in all honesty.

DTKOAG said:
cleavers said:
jrb said:
And TBH , the season ticket holders not turning up excuse is wearing a little thin now. I can accept it for certain kick off times, but not for a Saturday 3pm kick off.
I can assure you there were many missing (not related) around me yesterday, and most rarely miss, so no idea why so many were missing but they were.
Half term holidays maybe.

I was just about to say that, I know of at least 7 people who were missing, 3 adults 4 children who were missing because of half term.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
No problem with tourists.

It's all income.
100% this
like it or not this is the way its going to get i could not care less infact bring it on the more money the club makes the better players we can watch i know were i came from what ive been through as a City fan so dont care much about this tourist thing get over it move on.

When people go watching a band do they whinge that certain people around them only started listening after the 4th album?
Im not bothered who turns up apart from the 11 on the pitch

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
mannycity said:

To be entirely honest, I'd rather we didn't expand the stadium if the extra 12,000 seats were to be filled with day trippers and plastics.

The thought of our match-going fan base beginning to resemble that of Old Trafford doesn't sit particularly well with me in all honesty.

The fact is if we are going to get where we want to go then the tourists are required to part fund it.
We are no different to any other successful team - success equals tourists. They spend shit loads of cash and tbh apart
from the big games I think we may at times stuggle to fill 60,000 seats without them.
I agree we should not forget our roots and hopefully we won't but the march of progress for MCFC is well underway.
Get used to the tourists. Rejoice about them. Them coming to our stadium means we are now good!

mannycity said:

I know exactly what you mean mate but it's a very inverted snob attitude. I can be one myself but it certainly wasn't better when we were playing shit like Bury and there were no tourists.
You'll always have the pride of being a long time fan.

Re: Tourists. Think we'll do likewise.

TGR said:
mannycity said:

The fact is if we are going to get where we want to go then the tourists are required to part fund it.
We are no different to any other successful team - success equals tourists. They spend shit loads of cash and tbh apart
from the big games I think we may at times stuggle to fill 60,000 seats without them.
I agree we should not forget our roots and hopefully we won't but the march of progress for MCFC is well underway.
Get used to the tourists. Rejoice about them. Them coming to our stadium means we are now good!

Barcelona are a team that attracts plenty of tourists I've been myself, but retain a strong sense of identity and keep their roots.Think we'll do likewise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.