Tram on Sunday to Etihad

Citizen52 said:
WEMBLEY76 said:
Does anyone know if Metrolink/police will be marshalling the trams before the game to avoid rival fans incidents particularly at Victoria and Piccadilly where away fans will be arriving ?

I've just had a read on the Leeds website and GMP have mentioned that there will be some Police Liaison Officers dotted about wearing blue tabards. Could see it being potentially chaotic on the trams to be honest, I don't know where their trains are coming into whether It's Victoria or Piccadilly but they could get to the ground on the tram from either of course. I imagine the platform at Picc downstairs will be rammed.

I was planning to get the tram from Piccadilly but if it looks too much of a pain in the arse for one reason or another then will catch a 216.

Leeds to Manchester stops at Victoria. So I should imagine they will have a special tram put on for them!

blue underpants said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
do you have to pay if you board at Piccadilly? or will jibbing be on the cards?
Try it if you want but in my experience of getting the metro from Stretford for the last 7 years they have really tightened up in the last 2
At one time you hardly seen a ticket inspector now they are on virtually every tram, they must have been losing a packet years ago

Whilst you may be able to swerve the metro link Gestapo on the way, coming back you'll likely have your tickets checked before you get onto the platform at the ground, obviously then be charged and it's only 20p or so more for a return. You've therefore risked a £50 fine to probably save 20p.

The trams on normal service passing the stadium run between Bury and Droylsden; the stop at City Square is called Etihad Campus. They run every 12 minutes and stop at Victoria, Shudehill, Market St, Piccadilly Gdns and Piccadilly Station in town. I'd guess these will be running as normal.

On match days, it's been mentioned there will be extra trams laid on, double length, between Piccadilly Station and the ground. How often these will run is anyone's guess.

It costs £2.90 return from town to the stadium.

I've no idea if Leeds fans arriving at Piccadilly will be directed away from the trams, but there is a big gated waiting area for tram passengers on match days, could imagine it being a bit lively there if home and away are allowed to mix.

It'll be interesting to see how it all works out.

akcity said:
I think another concern will be the Leeds fans arriving at the Etihad stop and having to navigate City Square, cause for concern?
Wasnt the idea that away fans stay on till Asda stop? Not seen anything official though

I''ll have to try the tram today for the first time. I'm going for a suit and will have to get the tram from Piccadilly gardens which I haven't been in for at least 20 odd years.

I'm getting giddy, I haven't even been on a bus for at least 25 years

IF all the trams that go to the Etihad from the City Centre start at Bury, then depending on the arrival time of Leeds fans, they could all be rammed with Leeds, and also if they all come from Bury, they could be full by the time fans try and get on them at Piccadilly.

For a service that runs every 12 mins, it doesn't make sense to wait for a tram in the City Centre as on average you'd be 1/3 of the way to the ground by the time you get on the tram, and by the time the tram arrives at the ground, you'd be 2/3rds of the way there.

Marvin said:
IF all the trams that go to the Etihad from the City Centre start at Bury, then depending on the arrival time of Leeds fans, they could all be rammed with Leeds, and also if they all come from Bury, they could be full by the time fans try and get on them at Piccadilly.

For a service that runs every 12 mins, it doesn't make sense to wait for a tram in the City Centre as on average you'd be 1/3 of the way to the ground by the time you get on the tram, and by the time the tram arrives at the ground, you'd be 2/3rds of the way there.
Only the regular service trams start in Bury. I think the matchday specials only run from Piccadilly station. (I think!)

If you were to randomly turn up for a tram in town on the 12 minute service, you'd wait an average of 6 minutes.

r.soleofsalford said:
I''ll have to try the tram today for the first time. I'm going for a suit and will have to get the tram from Piccadilly gardens which I haven't been in for at least 20 odd years.

I'm getting giddy, I haven't even been on a bus for at least 25 years

Ohhh, that's two of the Eccles gang off the coach. We'll be in trouble!! :-)

Im getting a train from Ashton u lyne to Manc Victoria, having a few beers then walking to the staduim from the piccadilly area.

Walk u lazy fookers, its not that far from central Manc.
(this is not aimed at the disabled,people on crutches,women wearing high heels or those with a very pissed up mate and dont want to carry him)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.