Tram on Sunday to Etihad

deafmanstevo said:
Im getting a train from Ashton u lyne to Manc Victoria, having a few beers then walking to the staduim from the piccadilly area.

Walk u lazy fookers, its not that far from central Manc.
(this is not aimed at the disabled,people on crutches,women wearing high heels or those with a very pissed up mate and dont want to carry him)

cuts into my drinking time. Might walk back though.

Surely with it being Leeds they will have a tram waiting for them at Victoria as there train pulls in and then proceed and only stop at the Asda stop?

I don't think there's any direct trains from Leeds to Victoria today, so I think any issues with Leeds fans will be at Piccadilly Station..

Munkey Boy said:
Marvin said:
IF all the trams that go to the Etihad from the City Centre start at Bury, then depending on the arrival time of Leeds fans, they could all be rammed with Leeds, and also if they all come from Bury, they could be full by the time fans try and get on them at Piccadilly.

For a service that runs every 12 mins, it doesn't make sense to wait for a tram in the City Centre as on average you'd be 1/3 of the way to the ground by the time you get on the tram, and by the time the tram arrives at the ground, you'd be 2/3rds of the way there.
Only the regular service trams start in Bury. I think the matchday specials only run from Piccadilly station. (I think!)

If you were to randomly turn up for a tram in town on the 12 minute service, you'd wait an average of 6 minutes.
Exactly so you'd be a third of the way there by the time you'd spend on average waiting for it to turn up, and then you'd be there by the time the tram took to get from Piccadilly to the Etihad.

Some incorrect info flying about here with regards to the Bury line.

According to the Official Metrolink App on Android:

Trams will be running from Bury directly to Eastlands (not having to get off the Tram untill you arrive at the intended destination)

The same applies when departing from Etihad Campus to Bury.

Est. Time: 34mins (passing through 17 stations over 1 line)

Just at the met station and people are buying separate tickets to Piccadilly then Eithad its a lot cheaper to buy one.

£4,90 return for me which I think is very reasonable .

Used it today. Really impressed.
Got on from bury to town as normal, few drinks and a bite to eat and then back on at shudehill.
Took about 7 minutes from Picadilly to the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.