Transfer deadline day

richards30 said:
KrisCorssen on Twitter: "Apparently James Milner has been allowed to leave the England squad, and has been spotted en route to Melwood training ground, possible?"

no truth in this surely???

On the one hand, it fits in with Dogleash's transfer policy this summer... i.e., English midfielders. On the other, they have 234098 midfielders and we would in no way let him go at a loss. This is not to mention the fact that Milner's done a great job for us, and was one of our best performers in his last game.

We're going to have a shitfest of rumours about us today, but I confidently predict 99% of them will be bullshit. Mario's was, and this most likely is too.

From City official twitter:

Hi all. We're aware of the bugs on Mario's player profile on the OS. Just fixing it now. Problem with the Opta reference

Ntini77 said:
Update now from BBC 5 Live's senior football reporter Ian Dennis: "Owen Hargreaves has passed the medical at Manchester City it's just a question of personal terms, I expect that to be completed by early afternoon.
I thought "free agents" like Hargreaves weren't constrained by transfer day deadlines like players from other clubs?

Plain Speaking said:
Ntini77 said:
Update now from BBC 5 Live's senior football reporter Ian Dennis: "Owen Hargreaves has passed the medical at Manchester City it's just a question of personal terms, I expect that to be completed by early afternoon.
I thought "free agents" like Hargreaves weren't constrained by transfer day deadlines like players from other clubs?

You are right mate iirc

BibbyBlue85 said:
Plain Speaking said:

You are right mate iirc
Yeah if I remember correctly free agents can be done after the transfer deadline obviously providing that there is a place left in the 25man squad but maybe they have changed the rule

BibbyBlue85 said:
Plain Speaking said:

You are right mate iirc

Apparently he needs to be signed by the deadline if we want him in the CL squad. If not he can be signed whenever just for the league as he's a free agent.

I believe the only bit of business we have left to finish is the deal of Hargreaves however that isn't limited to 11PM tonight, although I'm going to guess it'll still be done by then. Sure De Rossi would have been nice but I didn't give it the time of day to begin with so I don't know how much truth was in it, Roma would hate to sell him.

We'll probably see a few outbound players today however more to the point, when are Sky Sports News bringing out the transfer wally with his ten phones all 'ringing' at once?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.