Transfer Nightmare After Winning The League

Despite being undermined, Pellegrini still delivered three trophies, Champions League progression, some hugely exciting high score matches and was an all round decent man.
Some fans quickly forget that.
We were not the super power we are now ,and those 3 trophies were a stepping stone to the modern day City after the initial take -off under Mancini. It's easy to negatively compare these two managers with Pep
But both played their part in our metamorphosis....and some Blues should remember this,imo.

When he started it was mooted that he had been made fully aware of the situation. His hissy fit when he spilled the beans about Pep’s appointment told a different story. Fact of the matter was he didn’t deserve a contract extension after the 14 months prior to that hissy fit - he was a lazy fucker who appeared to be sending teams out with no instructions whatsoever and I could have throttled him for his behaviour during the gurning horse face’s first domestic visit to the etihad, sat on his hands clueless watching the team that he’d selected getting torn to pieces. Engineer my arse.

The football under Pellegrini in the 2014 title win was very good, but after that season it felt like we were winning games due to the quality of our footballers compared to the rest in the league rather than tactics.

If Pep wasn't lined up he would have got the sack in 2015 .

We lost 5 and drew 2 in the back end of the 14/15 season, got 4 put past us by United away from home, knocked out by Boro in the FA Cup and beat 2-0 at home to Newcastle in the League Cup, eliminating us.

With the CL, we had to go to Rome on the last day for a winner takes it all to get second in the group because we couldn't beat CSKA Moscow home or away (1 draw and 1 win).

We did get knocked out by a very good Barcelona team to be fair in the end, and one that would win the treble, but the group stage wasn't pretty at all.

2015/16 was an utter joke. 66 points!! We should have walked that league with the players we had, regardless of how good Leicester were and the overall fairytale was.

When he started it was mooted that he had been made fully aware of the situation. His hissy fit when he spilled the beans about Pep’s appointment told a different story. Fact of the matter was he didn’t deserve a contract extension after the 14 months prior to that hissy fit - he was a lazy fucker who appeared to be sending teams out with no instructions whatsoever and I could have throttled him for his behaviour during the gurning horse face’s first domestic visit to the etihad, sat on his hands clueless watching the team that he’d selected getting torn to pieces. Engineer my arse.
It was just Pellegrini's style mate. Some managers jump up & down on the sidelines like demented loons instead of showing tactical nous.

Some sit studiously relying on tactics. Pellers always struck me as the studious type without a tactical plan, but relied on us having the strongest squad.

If you compare Pep's celebrations on Saturday after our last gasp winner, it's night & day compared to Pellegrini's mournful undertaker approach. Personally I prefer a manager showing the same emotions as the fans.

Having said that, Ancelotti is more Pellegrini in his manner than an emotional Pep, but he still did more than alright as a manager. Different strokes innit...

Last edited:
The football under Pellegrini in the 2014 title win was very good, but after that season it felt like we were winning games due to the quality of our footballers compared to the rest in the league rather than tactics.

If Pep wasn't lined up he would have got the sack in 2015 .

We lost 5 and drew 2 in the back end of the 14/15 season, got 4 put past us by United away from home, knocked out by Boro in the FA Cup and beat 2-0 at home to Newcastle in the League Cup, eliminating us.

With the CL, we had to go to Rome on the last day for a winner takes it all to get second in the group because we couldn't beat CSKA Moscow home or away (1 draw and 1 win).

We did get knocked out by a very good Barcelona team to be fair in the end, and one that would win the treble, but the group stage wasn't pretty at all.

2015/16 was an utter joke. 66 points!! We should have walked that league with the players we had, regardless of how good Leicester were and the overall fairytale was.
Yup, that was the season we played some uninspiring, turgid football & almost got relegated from the Champions League.

Javi Garcia was literally the worst player I have ever seen in a city shirt and I’ve been going since 86.
People really post some crap one here.

I would get my eyes tested if I was you. Or lay off the funny stuff suggested in your user name

Javi Garcia was a symptom of the dubious recruitment by City circa 2012.

However it is highly unlikely that ‘the worst player’ that anyone had had ever seen would have managed 76 appearances in two seasons, the second one winning the League Title.

Last edited:
Javi Garcia was literally the worst player I have ever seen in a city shirt and I’ve been going since 86.

lol. I think Simon Colosimo edges it…. Remember him coming on as a sub at halftime away at Coventry- having an absolute stinker and Keegan hooking him midway through the second half!

He wasn't in the right shape to be a professional footballer. He was too overweight.

The City magazine at the time did an interview with Creaney and it was done with the fat bastard stuffing a big Sunday lunch… Yorkshire pudding the lot. Said it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.