Transfer Nightmare After Winning The League

Fucking hell.

From Van Persie and Hazard to Sinclair and Rodwell!

Garcia and Nastasic weren't bad buys, though. Loved me a bit of Javi Garcia, he stepped up during the back end of 2013/14.

Maicon was a laugh too. Until we came up against prime Madrid and Ronaldo in the CL.

I've always thought that the leadership of the club shat itself after we won the league in 2012 - clearly ahead of schedule.

Not sure about Begiristain but Soriano was definitely in situ as part of the 'get Guardiola' plan - I only remember that because of Bobby Manc's rant about how he should have stuck to running an airline.

The club had clearly decided that they were going all in for Pep at some point during Mancini's time at the club and I think they were worried about how they'd look giving Mancini the bullet if he'd started to build on the 2 trophies he'd won in 2 years... simple / underhanded method of dealing with the situation... hamstring Mancini in the transfer market which they knew would make him lose his rag, giving them an excuse to get rid of him, regardless of if it meant having to have a stand in (Manuel the laziest man in football) for a period until Pep was available.

I've always felt that the leaks about Mancini's position on the evening before and morning of the 2013 FA Cup final were deliberate sabotage of the first team by the hierarchy of the club.

Having been a season ticket holder since the middle of the Swales era it seems somewhat bizarre to say that turning up for a cup final at Wembley, 12 months after winning the league, I witnessed the worst pre-match atmosphere amongst City supporters in my entire time as a supporter.
That day was surreal. It started off with reports Mancini was to be sacked after the game.

Then Mancini came out asking the club to clarify the rumours & publicly back him.

Radio silence from the club.

The team & fans had to endure the match with all the Mancini rumours overshadowing the FA Cup final.

Losing to the fuckin Pie Eaters.

Mancini sacked after the match, with Brian Kidd installed as caretaker manager for the final few games.

It wasn't our finest hour & our actions didn't show the best of City, but it was always about Pep & not even the man who ripped down the Old Toilet banner was gonna stop the move toward Guardiola.

The question remains, did City ever tell Pellers, success or failure, he was merely a caretaker manager until Pep's three year Bayern contract was up?

I've always thought that the leadership of the club shat itself after we won the league in 2012 - clearly ahead of schedule.

Not sure about Begiristain but Soriano was definitely in situ as part of the 'get Guardiola' plan - I only remember that because of Bobby Manc's rant about how he should have stuck to running an airline.

The club had clearly decided that they were going all in for Pep at some point during Mancini's time at the club and I think they were worried about how they'd look giving Mancini the bullet if he'd started to build on the 2 trophies he'd won in 2 years... simple / underhanded method of dealing with the situation... hamstring Mancini in the transfer market which they knew would make him lose his rag, giving them an excuse to get rid of him, regardless of if it meant having to have a stand in (Manuel the laziest man in football) for a period until Pep was available.

I've always felt that the leaks about Mancini's position on the evening before and morning of the 2013 FA Cup final were deliberate sabotage of the first team by the hierarchy of the club.

Having been a season ticket holder since the middle of the Swales era it seems somewhat bizarre to say that turning up for a cup final at Wembley, 12 months after winning the league, I witnessed the worst pre-match atmosphere amongst City supporters in my entire time as a supporter.
Fair shout
A horrible day all round and it pissed it down all day as well
We brought my little nephew who had only known success as a toddler Bert, and it was a brutal but valuable lesson in ‘Typical City’ DNA

I randomly came across the Australian league on TV the other day. Couldn’t belive it when I saw Rodwell playing.

Hadn’t Mancini signed a contract extension after winning the Premier League? He came in on three and a half years back in December 2009.

I’ve always understood he threatened to sell half the squad at the end of the 2012/13 season and a player revolt led by Silva saw the club quickly find a replacement.

Hadn’t Mancini signed a contract extension after winning the Premier League? He came in on three and a half years back in December 2009.

I’ve always understood he threatened to sell half the squad at the end of the 2012/13 season and a player revolt led by Silva saw the club quickly find a replacement.
He signed a contract extension after the 2012 season.

I dunno about the last bit. The article in the OP is spot on by my recollection, & as someone else pointed out, the five signings we made came in the final days of the window to the shock of everyone inside & outside the club.

The fact we never pushed on to get RVP & DDR, left me empty inside. Hazard was hedging his bets on whether the Chavs won the CL or not, so that was out of our hands, but RVP & DDR were there for the taking & it now transpires we may have deliberately fucked it up, with a view of undermining Mancini. Again, not our finest hour.

And still finished second only 3 wins and a draw off the top and Bobby shafted pre cup final with rumours.

Not bad considering bar Garcia the summer signings were wank

David Silva -- he did what?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.