Transfer Nightmare After Winning The League

Mate, he played 53 times over two underwhelming seasons. If he did his job, he'd have seen out the bulk of his career at City like Fernandinho did.

Can believe you've mentioned Fernandinho & Javi Garcia in the same sentence. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Didn't say he was anywhere near the quality but he played a part

Agree that Rodwell and Sinclair were shite and contributed fuck all but I don’t like some of the abuse Garcia is getting. He grew into his role and did a good job of helping us to the title in 2014.

The title !! We went nearly 30 years without reaching even the SF of a proper cup competition let alone winning something. Are some fans now so spoilt that a guy who played a significant amount of games in a season where we won the league is criticised.

He’s a title winning hero in my book. As is Nasri - don’t get me started on the clowns who ignore his fine service to City because one time he may or may not have done his job properly in the wall

They were much of a muchness from memory. What a depressing thought these two were.

Could Pep have worked his magic on one or both?
The issue was Yaya Toure. Supreme going forwards, but needed 2 other midfielders to do his defensive work.

When playing in a 2 with Yaya, Fernando and Garcia couldn’t do both jobs on their own.

We finally found Fernandinho, who could.

Fernando and Garcia were both very good 6s as their careers after City show.

We were hamstrung by FFP that summer. Hazard and RVP turned us down and DDR was never going to leave Roma.

Mate, he played 53 times over two underwhelming seasons. If he did his job, he'd have seen out the bulk of his career at City like Fernandinho did.

Can believe you've mentioned Fernandinho & Javi Garcia in the same sentence. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Here is a sentence - Fernandinho was dropped for Javi Garcia in the title run-in in 2013/14 as he was playing better.

The same with Ilky being average for his first 4 years at City and then having a good last 3, people forget the average seasons in the beginning.

I think there was player in Rodwell somewhere. Shown lots of promise at Everton and broken into the England team. Even showed a couple of glimpses at City. But ultimately injures stopped us ever finding out his potential.
Absolutely this he was good enough but couldn’t stay fit
We gambled it didn’t come off but then we off loaded him to Sunderland for most of our money back

I think there was player in Rodwell somewhere. Shown lots of promise at Everton and broken into the England team. Even showed a couple of glimpses at City. But ultimately injures stopped us ever finding out his potential.

I know what you mean. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out and sometimes people (not just in football) are better off being a big fish in a small pond and when out into a bigger pond with bigger fish just sink and start to drown. One of those things.

A midfielder in our current squad springs to mind in the same regard.

The issue was Yaya Toure. Supreme going forwards, but needed 2 other midfielders to do his defensive work.

When playing in a 2 with Yaya, Fernando and Garcia couldn’t do both jobs on their own.

We finally found Fernandinho, who could.

Fernando and Garcia were both very good 6s as their careers after City show.

We were hamstrung by FFP that summer. Hazard and RVP turned us down and DDR was never going to leave Roma.
Screenshot_20240110_151815_Chrome.jpg

Pellegrini favoured a 4-2-2-2, which was essentially a 4-4-2. Yaya didn't have the physicality to recover after his barnstorming forays forward, which left Fernandinho exposed, as he couldn’t do it all.

I remember several fans calling Fernandinho shit, until most of us woke up to the fact it was Pellegrini's tactics which were at fault for hanging Fern out to dry.

I asked above, would Garcia & Fernando's City careers have panned out differently with a proper manager like Pep in charge?

My recollection of Hazard was he was pissing both us & the Chavs around as he waited to see if they won the CL. He signed for them as soon as they did.

Rumours were RVP agreed a deal with City & I recall someone on here saying they were the estate agent accompanying RVP's Mrs & City's concierge service around properties in Prestbury.

HOWEVER, Marwood was put in charge of transfers to Mancini's anger & dismay, & promptly tried to renegotiate RVP's deal at the 11th hour which enraged him, so he reopened talks with ManUre, signed & shot them to the PL title the following season.

Word was DDR was interested in the move after Mancini spent a couple of seasons selling City to him, but when Marwood stepped in, he ended our interest in DDR & signed Garcia instead. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

the biggest problem with that window was the players we let go weren't as good as the ones we brought in for example Javi Garcia for NDJ, Sinclair for Johnson as well as bringing in Rodwell and Maicon, this is when I feel writing was on the wall for Mancini

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.