Transfer Nightmare After Winning The League

Here is a sentence - Fernandinho was dropped for Javi Garcia in the title run-in in 2013/14 as he was playing better.

The same with Ilky being average for his first 4 years at City and then having a good last 3, people forget the average seasons in the beginning.
I think Fernandinho's struggles were more to do with playing in a 4-4-2 with Yaya, rather than him struggling as a player.

As soon as Pep arrived & changed formations, Fern was transformed into the player we loved. He's the best value for money signing we've made, & deserves a statue imo.

I think there was player in Rodwell somewhere. Shown lots of promise at Everton and broken into the England team. Even showed a couple of glimpses at City. But ultimately injures stopped us ever finding out his potential.
But he had an awful injury record before we signed him, so even that wasn't a surprise.

Marwood nearly ruined the Dzeko transfer too. To be in for Van Persie and Hazard yet bring in desperate crap last minute is truly awful for defending champions.

Here is a sentence - Fernandinho was dropped for Javi Garcia in the title run-in in 2013/14 as he was playing better.

The same with Ilky being average for his first 4 years at City and then having a good last 3, people forget the average seasons in the beginning.

I think the ACL hampered Ilkay for a lot longer than people think. When he arrived he was fast, agile and a dribbler. After the ACL the pace was gone.

Still did a wonderful job at the 6 when Fernandinho went down in the 18-19 run in, but it wasn't till later.. he was like, I'll just bulk up, use my body to shield the ball and concentrate on stealth runs that led to his massive goal output in january 21.

If you remember people were screaming on forums in the 19-20 season that Gundo was useless and should never have been given a new contract.

Marwood nearly ruined the Dzeko transfer too. To be in for Van Persie and Hazard yet bring in desperate crap last minute is truly awful for defending champions.

Some people have PTSD with Sane transfer but I have PTSD with Dzeko's exit. Absolutely loved him.

And I feared him a lot more than Lukaku in the CL final.

I think the ACL hampered Ilkay for a lot longer than people think. When he arrived he was fast, agile and a dribbler. After the ACL the pace was gone.

Still did a wonderful job at the 6 when Fernandinho went down in the 18-19 run in, but it wasn't till later.. he was like, I'll just bulk up, use my body to shield the ball and concentrate on stealth runs that led to his massive goal output in january 21.

If you remember people were screaming on forums in the 19-20 season that Gundo was useless and should never have been given a new contract.
Gundo was incredible in that 18/19 season covering for Dinho, big game player who scored big goals and was amazing for City who was also moved out of position a lot early on in his City career to accommodate others, he really was a unsung hero for us and unfortunately only began getting credit he deserved after that Villa game

Gundogan was by no means average in his first four seasons at City. He was injured for the majority of the first, for one. But as others have mentioned, he was a fine squad player in the 17/18 season - his first proper season - and then covered for the #6 and #8 positions when De Bruyne and Fernandinho were injured for the run-in during the 18/19 season. He had a bit of a below-par season in 19/20 but, honestly, aside from Sterling and De Bruyne, so did everyone. From 20/21 he's been exceptional, but calling him average beforehand is a bit much imo.

Yep, I was one of many on here who thought Pep had lost his mind starting Rodri and Gundogan together so often in the 19/20 season.

3 years later, one is scoring the Treble winning goal and the other lifting the trophies as captain lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.