Transfer Strategy

Last summer, we wanted kane. then messi came along, and we decided to stop pursuing kane and focus all attention towards messi, only to be left emptyhanded.

Amazingly, we've managed to do the exact same thing this summer, focus all attention towards one player, find out his team doesn't want to sell him, avoid looking for other options and completely tunnel vision a hopeless transfer

For months people here have been saying that we should hedge our bets and look towards other options should the kane deal not happen, but have been reassured that we're getting kane, so no other options are necessary, because we are serious about meeting spurs' demands.

Not a single person on this forum would say, at the start of the summer, that we should target an attacking midfielder and not sign a striker. I implore you to find a single person who'd call that a good transfer strategy. Yet now that this is exactly what happened, some people are hesitant to question the logic behind that outcome.

I don't know the ins and outs and won't pretend to, and more often than not our brass gets it right.

We have a fantastic squad and have been absolutely spoiled this past decade, so I wont complain much.

But, our time with Pep at the helm is limited. The squad will not always be ready to compete on all fronts. To have Pep go into his next to last season, with the strength of the squad in other areas, without a recognized striker seems like downright negligence.

I'm sure he'll adapt and this will be another successful season. But a major ball was dropped imo.

Txiki and the recruitment team have been on the ball for years. I can understand why some people are pissed off about not replacing Sergio, but the majority of us don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. For me, my top target would be Haaland. But when it comes down to making a deal happen, it’s totally unrealistic with the demands from Haaland and his agent. City have done well over the years for not getting ripped off, that to me should continue. Just because we like to invest doesn’t mean we throw unlimited amounts of money at other clubs and players. Things can easily go tits up, just look at Barca. In the long run, City’s transfer policy is the right way.

Get good players in.
Offload those that don’t fit for one reason or another.

It’s not rocket surgery City. Get it done FFS.

So pep give an interview to media in Brazil saying he’s off after his contract is up,oh well it was good while it lasted ..still need a striker mind ..

We definitely have huge blindspots

Cast your mind back to Peps first season the fullbacks had been left to become a massive issue, and we've still arguably not sorted left back with signings.

Striker this has been coming for years and we've not brought in either a top player or a young player who could be developed.

DM has been a problem for a while as well I think, Pep didn't fancy either of the options in the CL final.

It's made me angry, we've got Pep for 2 more years, we'll never have a manager this good again, it's once in 50 years appointment and we're I feel writing one of those seasons off because they couldn't be arsed signing a striker other than Kane.

All this money spent on the CFG scouting network and there isn't one striker other than Harry Kane identified who could improve on having absolutely no number 9. Bizarre.

Last summer, we wanted kane. then messi came along, and we decided to stop pursuing kane and focus all attention towards messi, only to be left emptyhanded.

Amazingly, we've managed to do the exact same thing this summer, focus all attention towards one player, find out his team doesn't want to sell him, avoid looking for other options and completely tunnel vision a hopeless transfer

For months people here have been saying that we should hedge our bets and look towards other options should the kane deal not happen, but have been reassured that we're getting kane, so no other options are necessary, because we are serious about meeting spurs' demands.

Not a single person on this forum would say, at the start of the summer, that we should target an attacking midfielder and not sign a striker. I implore you to find a single person who'd call that a good transfer strategy. Yet now that this is exactly what happened, some people are hesitant to question the logic behind that outcome.
There is no doubt in my mind that we messed up this window. Love Txiki and everyone involved, but got to call them out on this. I am still happy with the management and points are won on the pitch, not in the transfer window. Hopefully we can get a striker in still, don't think Delap is anywhere near ready.

There is no doubt in my mind that we messed up this window. Love Txiki and everyone involved, but got to call them out on this. I am still happy with the management and points are won on the pitch, not in the transfer window. Hopefully we can get a striker in still, don't think Delap is anywhere near ready.
I mean, he might not be there's absolutely no way of knowing without giving him a chance.
He's certainly performed better at reserve level than a lot of players who were good enough to jump up.

We don't have balls to make big signings. A certain ruthlessness in the market. In a cutthroat competition we often act like good guys. There is a need to be accepted among the history clubs.
The small things like - " We don't do big signings"
"We won't overpay agents"
"We don't do bidding wars"

But why not. Ain't that the name of the game!
We prefer release clause. You know why. Because its damn easy. Release clause need to be payed in full. Millions and millions of dollars in one go. We do that. We can do that. Because we are fucking rich. But we don't like getting dirty.
Hence we don't get our top targets.

I never liked 40mil or something we did spend on Cancelo or 41 on Ake. Even 63m on Rodri.

Yes we do win a lot. But that's the Pep Guardiola effect and ofcourse the 900 million spend.

Re. Last few transfer windows :

Why not go for a LB.
Why go for Koulibaly and then scrabble last min for Dias. We know ADL is a dick.
Same with Kane.
Why wait for Jorginho or Dani Alves to rethink.

The point is we are hated by all and sundry. The oil money the mercenary charges , the cheque book Guardiola charges.
These aint going away. For once why not act like that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.