Transfer Strategy

as i said before we need to look at players who are at clubs in a bit financial problem like Benfica who just missed out on CL and their stance on Dias changed due to that or players with a set release clause.

if Benfica qualifies for CL in the playoff last September I dont think we would have Dias now, just dont...
they lost out on potentially 40/50m euros of CL income which they were claculating with so they accepted an old player and money for Dias.

I dont know is it Txiki or Omar handling the negotiation, but seems like they need a release clause to activate to bring in targets or these left field targets like youth players ala Kayky (one for the future) or Torres maybe on the cheap but thats again an example for financial mess at Valencia...

which club has a good striker that has a release clause or at a club in financial turmoil. either that or its Torres, Delap for next 3 years.

No. But he could come out and say the club's transfer strategy for the summer was short-sighted.

The club knew Mendy could have some serious legal trouble coming his way. The club knew Sergio wasn't coming back, leaving us without a recognized striker. The club knows Fernandinho isn't getting any younger.

If anyone is in a position to speak truth to power it is Pep Guardiola. He is the best manager in the world. What is going to happen? No way in hell they would fire him. Can you imagine the shit storm that would cause? I'm not even sure Sheikh Mansour would allow it.

If Pep and Cheeky are such good mates, Pep should be able to go to him and say, "You really fucked me. I feel let down." And Txikik should actually listen to his manager, his friend, and be like, "Yeah. I'm sorry."
How could the club know that Mendy had gone or was going to go on an assault spree?

Assuming there are no further signings in the next few days, I am afraid this has been a bad transfer window overall for the club, and I would not make us favourites at all for any of the big prizes.

Although signing Grealish was a big statement, it was one we didn't need to make with lots of quality in that area of the team. We absolutely HAD to sign a striker this summer and everyone knows it, so how can we have not addressed this position in the team.

People scoffed at Danny Ings and Lukaku this summer, either of them would have been fantastic additions and made a huge difference.

The board have been brilliant in recent years, but we always seem to stand still at Key times and this is no different in my opinion.

so we were offered ronaldo,him saying we are his prefered destination, we looked at it and said no(this is all from ssn) united shitting it that ronaldo might come to city go for a player they didnt want or need , and its us having our pants pulled down, were not the club paying 500k a week for a 36 year old for 2 years.

as for your take on grealish, your either a wum or a proper slapped arse, anyway gather all your toys and put them back in the pram.
He was never coming here for Christ’s sake. Think what you want.

as i said before we need to look at players who are at clubs in a bit financial problem like Benfica who just missed out on CL and their stance on Dias changed due to that or players with a set release clause.

if Benfica qualifies for CL in the playoff last September I dont think we would have Dias now, just dont...
they lost out on potentially 40/50m euros of CL income which they were claculating with so they accepted an old player and money for Dias.

I dont know is it Txiki or Omar handling the negotiation, but seems like they need a release clause to activate to bring in targets or these left field targets like youth players ala Kayky (one for the future) or Torres maybe on the cheap but thats again an example for financial mess at Valencia...

which club has a good striker that has a release clause or at a club in financial turmoil. either that or its Torres, Delap for next 3 years.
If I recall, Valencia is/was broke af. I'd take Lee Kang-In off their hands for the future. I'm not certain they have anyone else we'd fancy.

when he signed extension I remember reading that the club promised significant backing. Considering it took Pep until November to sign the contract suggests there will have been some serious talks.

I think the execs simply have gotten too arrogant due to success. Its recurring pattern not to strengthen after title winning season.

Now imagine if we won the CL? Wed probably sell couple of key players and not replace them.
I've said it before and will repeat again, something does not feel right. Of course the team/squad is still great and am sure we will be competitive which is all we can really ask for on the pitch. Others have undoubtedly strengthened and Chelsea in particular look very strong. Rags will blow a lot of teams away, especially the usual suspects who roll over for them. It's going to be an interesting season and again a real test for Pep.
I know the Board have done an amazing job in getting us to where we are and all the trophies and of course I'm supportive but I don't like the ESL shit and aftermath and don't like being promised a new striker and then the publicly drawn out saga of us getting no one and ending up with people laughing at us. The continual media shit thrown against the team of the decade and the club with barley anything seemingly said in our defence. The Mendy disgrace (guilty or not), the rising ticket prices etc. All this is happening on Khaldoon's watch.
I have admired so much of what he and others have done but I think there is some complacency here and am not sure City are understanding the point that sometimes you have to pay big money to get who you want.
And as I write all over Radio 4 is fucking Ronaldo comes home and the Rags increase their social media, PR, new fans presence which all equals more commercial income

This has been a disastrous window.

Not getting a forward is unforgivable. I can’t believe we were stupid enough to leave it as late as we did before calling it a day. We all saw this coming weeks ago and taking the word of Kane and his brother that he could leave for £100m is amateur hour.

Grealish although a great signing is let’s be honest a luxury signing and shouldn’t have been the first deal over the line

Anyway rant over.
Totally agree. I know it doesn’t often pan out this way now as it’s a squad game etc but we’ve spent 100m on a player that if he’s going to be played on the left of a front 3 then I don’t think he even improves our best 11 when Foden is fit.

I really like Grealish and hope he’s played as a number 8 eventually for us but I can’t believe we’ve spent 100m and not signed a striker or even a left back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.