Transfer Strategy

Important to whom? You?

I presume the way they work is by valuation. At a certain price X is worth pursuing. Past that price, X is a liability.

This underlying analysis should not be swayed by the emotional prattling if impatient fans.

But that's just how is have looked at it. I'm no Soccer Management Guru though :)
I meant important positions. Even the club chairman identified the striker position as important. I don’t have any issue with them walking away from negotiations if the cost becomes prohibitive. My only issue is how we let one transfer drag on to near the end of the window without making much or any progress and without identifying suitable alternatives. It’s hardly the first time this has happened.

This Ronaldo transfer has obviously been staged as a PR coup by United and the player for a while.
City have had their pants pulled down and are getting torn into all over the media currently. Coupled with the Kane debacle, it should mean heads roll.
All we’ve done is Overpaid for a brummie piss head who was lighting up the second tier not so long ago. He’s got nice hair though.
so we were offered ronaldo,him saying we are his prefered destination, we looked at it and said no(this is all from ssn) united shitting it that ronaldo might come to city go for a player they didnt want or need , and its us having our pants pulled down, were not the club paying 500k a week for a 36 year old for 2 years.

as for your take on grealish, your either a wum or a proper slapped arse, anyway gather all your toys and put them back in the pram.

Important to whom? You?

I presume the way they work is by valuation. At a certain price X is worth pursuing. Past that price, X is a liability.

This underlying analysis should not be swayed by the emotional prattling if impatient fans.

But that's just how is have looked at it. I'm no Soccer Management Guru though :)
I agree. But if one target is not worth pursuing you move on to the next. I find it hard to believe there is not a single striker in the world that is worth pursuing. If thats what their analysis is telling them, there is something wrong in their calculation.

Also why cant we make use of our supposedly amazing scouting network? Or is that just for players we buy for couple of mil and then sell for profit later.

when he signed extension I remember reading that the club promised significant backing. Considering it took Pep until November to sign the contract suggests there will have been some serious talks.

I think the execs simply have gotten too arrogant due to success. Its recurring pattern not to strengthen after title winning season.

Now imagine if we won the CL? Wed probably sell couple of key players and not replace them.

Yep! It’s the first time actually that I feel kaldhoon should be held accountable? I genuinely fear we won’t even be close this season to the title as it stands?

As much as I love Grealish you can't just say oh we spent £100m on a player stop moaning. We need a striker and many would have been happy with spending 25m today because it was the quality of that striker.

I know we're all spoiled but the aim for all of us including the owner and players is titles ! You need the tools to compete and one of our biggest flaws last season was our inability so score absolute sitters.

We need a top quality striker

Last edited:
Important to whom? You?

excellent post, we've worked like this for a good few seasons and very successfully , but every transfer window we have so called grown ups acting like spoilt kids ,i think half the problem , the people losing their minds are gobshite who have been gobbing off to their red friends/followers and now feel let down because they've looked like twats and are getting some back, are these people like this in real life , imagine some of the ranting actually happening in the pub, people would look at them like they are cocks.

We have spent very little in terms of net spend this window at a time where we could have gone big.

Big opportunity missed. If you go for a Superstar you have to blow everyone away like the early days of the takeover (just now and again) we are too timid.

Also why cant we make use of our supposedly amazing scouting network? Or is that just for players we buy for couple of mil and then sell for profit later.
we could always employ @MeatHunterrr, you know the guy that said dias was shit after never watching him play

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.