Transfer Strategy

Ive just realized I’ll have to listen to another City podcast of Sam Lee telling us what went wrong with another City transfer and where he gets his information from

I think the club continue to handle the transfer windows well despite missing out on Kane and possibly Ronaldo. We have a clear, long term strategic plan and despite agents, high profile players, media and fans, they have stuck with it. They aren’t reactionary, they are ice cold and to plan. And it has worked incredibly well in the past. We have been one of the most dominate teams in Europe over the past 10 years. They value players that commit to the club and it results in winning on the pitch. They walk away from deals once they realise it’s about money and not winning. This is why the rags continue to struggle. They haven’t discovered this formula yet. City have and year after year it has proven to work. The club is greater than any player.

I’m still livid.

We have proven this summer that we are massively incompetent in the market. Omar Berrada and the transfer team (Txiki, Khaldoon) had months to sort out a striker and not just failed but failed miserably. Today’s humiliation to top it all off should see heads roll but it obviously won’t. Can’t imagine HRH is too impressed mind.

It’s how the Kane and Ronaldo sagas played out that’s shown our SMT to be hugely incompetent when it comes to the market.

Just pathetically bad.

bang on

I think the club continue to handle the transfer windows well despite missing out on Kane and possibly Ronaldo. We have a clear, long term strategic plan and despite agents, high profile players, media and fans, they have stuck with it. They aren’t reactionary, they are ice cold and to plan. And it has worked incredibly well in the past. We have been one of the most dominate teams in Europe over the past 10 years. They value players that commit to the club and it results in winning on the pitch. They walk away from deals once they realise it’s about money and not winning. This is why the rags continue to struggle. They haven’t discovered this formula yet. City have and year after year it has proven to work. The club is greater than any player.
How long can the plan be to replace the striker position that has been lacking for 2 seasons now? I mean I agree with you to an extent but it’s not like we are looking to add to a position of strength. We literally don’t have a striker right now

I think today has shown again that although we have a great strategy, we don’t have the ruthless mentality of Rags or Real Madrid. We just make ourselves look like second tier. I know our recent trophies look brilliant but we seem to be keen to let all others compete

I think today has shown again that although we have a great strategy, we don’t have the ruthless mentality of Rags or Real Madrid. We just make ourselves look like second tier. I know our recent trophies look brilliant but we seem to be keen to let all others compete
You mean the mentality of paying way over value for the latest shiny galactico, with borrowed money, just to increase their media presence. That's not ruthless it's incompetence, we are better at team building than team buying, long may it continue.

We won't be anywhere near this year, Chelsea's to lose both epl and champs league , tuchels done an amazing job since he come in and only strengthened in the window. We've spent 100 million on an attacking player with a grand total of 16 premier League goals to his name. Raz, Bernardo, Mahrez and foden are all equal or better than him. Fucking joke of a window.
We will definitely be in the mix. Trophies are won on the pitch. Signing a player doesn't mean surety of titles. We are a young team that is peaking now. Most of our players are at their peaks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.