Transfers to new Singing Section

Me and the old man have moved from the East Stand L3 (305/6) to the South Stand L3 so hopefully there will be some more/better atmosphere up in the cheap seats.

I will miss the view but I think after however long we've been in this ground my welcome is long over stayed in the East Stand. I'm the **** stood up usually shouting abuse at the referee, Yaya and Kolarov usually in that order. Hopefully I won't get as many dirty looks in the cheap seats.

You tend to get more than dirty looks in the southstand if your slagging off our own. Odd comments pop up all the time but sustained abuse of a player tends to get noticed and eventually confronted in my experience (for every 10 people that dislike a player there will nearly always be at least half as many fanboys). Ive never fully understood fans abusing there own player during a match, dont see how it can help. Dont get me wrong, Ive seen some shit and done some moaning, but during the game I always get behind them in the hope they can up there game for the good of the team. (apologies for sounding like a sanctimonious old twat but I just dont get not supporting a team member DURING a game)

You tend to get more than dirty looks in the southstand if your slagging off our own. Odd comments pop up all the time but sustained abuse of a player tends to get noticed and eventually confronted in my experience (for every 10 people that dislike a player there will nearly always be at least half as many fanboys). Ive never fully understood fans abusing there own player during a match, dont see how it can help. Dont get me wrong, Ive seen some shit and done some moaning, but during the game I always get behind them in the hope they can up there game for the good of the team. (apologies for sounding like a sanctimonious old twat but I just dont get not supporting a team member DURING a game)

That'll be the same South Stand that pretty much in unison disgracefully booed and heckled Kolarov after a corner the season before last?

And the same South Stand in a drab 0-0 against Birmingham screamed 'you don't know what you're doing!' after Mancini (rightly btw) subbed Bellamy?

That'll be the same South Stand that pretty much in unison disgracefully booed and heckled Kolarov after a corner the season before last?

And the same South Stand in a drab 0-0 against Birmingham screamed 'you don't know what you're doing!' after Mancini (rightly btw) subbed Bellamy?

Kolarov got shit after Kolarov started giving it out to the south stand when people were growing frustrated at him constantly standing off whilst players ran at him. Don't think thay was the last time Kolarov has started giving it out to city fans either. I was in the east stand this season in the cup game we got knocked out by boro I think and there were a lot of people there not happy with him, tho I didn't see it myself

Ko
Kolarov got shit after Kolarov started giving it out to the south stand when people were growing frustrated at him constantly standing off whilst players ran at him. Don't think thay was the last time Kolarov has started giving it out to city fans either. I was in the east stand this season in the cup game we got knocked out by boro I think and there were a lot of people there not happy with him, tho I didn't see it myself

Kolarov had every right to give it back to South Stand that day, he was right next to ad hoardings and that front of stand got on his back for simply not making a tackle.

He was then constantly booed by them every time he touched the ball and was perhaps the most embarrassed I have felt for any player during my time watching City.

Kolarov simply had the bollocks to stand up for himself.

The greatest of ironies was South Stand cheering him end of this season and AK throwing his shirt into the crowd, almost as if saying goodbye we have made peace.

As for the Mancini abuse that day, again, it was pretty audible.

Ko

Kolarov had every right to give it back to South Stand that day, he was right next to ad hoardings and that front of stand got on his back for simply not making a tackle.

He was then constantly booed by them every time he touched the ball and was perhaps the most embarrassed I have felt for any player during my time watching City.

Kolarov simply had the bollocks to stand up for himself.

The greatest of ironies was South Stand cheering him end of this season and AK throwing his shirt into the crowd, almost as if saying goodbye we have made peace.

As for the Mancini abuse that day, again, it was pretty audible.

No he didn't his reaction was OTT, and then so was probably a lot of people's reactions in the stand after that, but he's a professional and shouldnt be having a pop at his own fans. The grief he was getting wasn't even bad up until that point, just frustration at him stood watching and backing off after the opposition repeatedly ran at him

No he didn't his reaction was OTT, and then so was probably a lot of people's reactions in the stand after that, but he's a professional and shouldnt be having a pop at his own fans. The grief he was getting wasn't even bad up until that point, just frustration at him stood watching and backing off after the opposition repeatedly ran at him

I think our Balkan players are used to playing in front of more passionate crowds - compared to the PL - and sometimes get frustrated by this!

Haha, more like you haven't got the bollocks to admit that you've done it from time to time. I'm not saying its constant abuse, far from it but when it's clear as day players like Kolarov and Yaya are lacking commitment then I will absolutely slaughter them. We can all accept players having awful games, that's not the issue, the issue is a lack of effort and if you can sit back and not react to that then you're a better man than I am.

South Stand isn't even that good. I'm in 129 and I can't hear a peep out of them most games. Only the corner on the east stand make constant noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.