Transition season excuse

So who currently is good enough for a starting spot next season? This is my selection:

Ederson

Walker Laporte

de Bruyne Bernardo Sterling

And that’s it.

Even KdB & Bernardo aren’t currently at it.

I’m discounting Silva, Fernandinho & Aguero as age is against them so Cancelo, Rodri, Jesus & Mahrez need to step up.

Good shout and this is the real issue this season not injuries.

Mendy has been injured too much to really evaluate him. My initial thoughts is it’s not going to work with him & I’d rather have zinchenco. Jesus offers nothing in my opinion. Works hard but not a striker who’s going to take city to the next level, he did zero today just lots of silly tackles.
What next level ? he's played a crucial role in us winning back to back leagues and cups, don't tell me you don't think he can do it in Europe.

A club like ours should not be having a ‘transition’ season. We’re constantly told about how the club continually plans ahead, and we have a minimum of two quality players for each position. A transition period would have seen us replace the older heads with younger ones. I’m not having the injury excuse either. We have talented youngsters who should be getting game time, instead of playing players out of position, or relying on the same players all the time. If it’s not working, it’s up to the manager to find a way to make it work - something Pep is failing to do. We have become slow and predictable, and I have yet to see any move to rectify this, and the decline this season is quite astonishing. If players are tired, play hungrier, fitter ones. Most of all, play to each player’s strengths and learn to adapt. Again, I see nothing at the moment from Pep to indicate that we will improve this season.

It’s a decline, not a transition. The players that made this team tick have almost all come to their end.

The transition is yet to come.
Aren't you splitting hairs there? If the players that made this team tick are almost at an end then yes that is a decline. It becomes a transition when City are in the process of replacing them.

I assume you refer to Kompany, Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero. They are in the process of being replaced, therefore you can say we are a team in transition. Arguably we should be more proactive

A club like ours should not be having a ‘transition’ season. We’re constantly told about how the club continually plans ahead, and we have a minimum of two quality players for each position. A transition period would have seen us replace the older heads with younger ones. I’m not having the injury excuse either. We have talented youngsters who should be getting game time, instead of playing players out of position, or relying on the same players all the time. If it’s not working, it’s up to the manager to find a way to make it work - something Pep is failing to do. We have become slow and predictable, and I have yet to see any move to rectify this, and the decline this season is quite astonishing. If players are tired, play hungrier, fitter ones. Most of all, play to each player’s strengths and learn to adapt. Again, I see nothing at the moment from Pep to indicate that we will improve this season.
have to agree with you. Pep has been extremely conservative and loyal to his senior squad players.

What next level ? he's played a crucial role in us winning back to back leagues and cups, don't tell me you don't think he can do it in Europe.
He's been awful since returning from injury. Genuine question mark as to whether he can ever recapture his game. His problem is his mobility.

Imo you can only buy so many players. I think everyone especially Liverpool have strengthened around us while our team has some what’s stayed the same since peps 2nd season. I would
Imagine us going crazy in the summer transfer market.

Imo you can only buy so many players. I think everyone especially Liverpool have strengthened around us while our team has some what’s stayed the same since peps 2nd season. I would
Imagine us going crazy in the summer transfer market.
And I fear this. I fear that we will go out and spend shitloads again on players we don’t really need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.