Transition season excuse

Yaya's replacement? Who gives a fuck about Yaya's replacement? We got 198 points in 2 seasons and 7 trophies with no Yaya anywhere in sight.

Silva's replacement is stuck on the bench watching.

Aguero's replacement has matched his goalscoring despite never getting a run of games, 28 goals in 40 starts. Not to mention Aguero is still fucking here! He played vs. Liverpool, Norwich, Spurs & Wolves.

Kompany is the only one we actually needed to replace, and how much we would have needed that if Laporte was fit is up for debate.

This whole "irreplaceable" narrative around retired players is so lazy and played out.
Exactly right.

Close the thread.

I think you can put it down to poor recruitment since the end of the centurions season. Mahrez, Rodri and Cancelo cost £180m plus the distinctly average Angelino. Rodri could’ve been bought for £20m 12 months previous and not sure why we bought Cancelo when we’ve a perfectly good right back and 3 very shit left ones. Txixi did a great job in 2017/18 with Walker, Laporte, Bernardo and Ederson but very poor since.

So who currently is good enough for a starting spot next season? This is my selection:

Ederson

Walker Laporte

de Bruyne Bernardo Sterling

And that’s it.

Even KdB & Bernardo aren’t currently at it.

I’m discounting Silva, Fernandinho & Aguero as age is against them so Cancelo, Rodri, Jesus & Mahrez need to step up.

It's a good job i wasn't sat near the guy who got punched by another 'blue' for shouting for Foden to come on. I was shouting for him all second half (sorry if you were sat near me!). The point is that Pep obviously doesn't see it as a transitional season or Foden/Garcia etc would be getting regular starts.
Maybe his post match comments indicate that he will from now on.

D. Silva and Fernandinho (just to suggest two names) are irreplaceable at the moment.

I am so confused why some fans can not see this seasons issues and potentially what’s ahead.

It’s ok to criticise pep & the players. It doesn’t make you less a blue.

we think we have issues this season wait for next if we don’t get some quality players in.

d silva goes next year
Aguero & fern will be a year older & look much slower this year.
Jesus, gundy, stones, otamendi, not good enough.
Still not sure on Mendy, Walker, Angelino, Mahrez.
Sane will probably go.

As you can see the issue is more than injuries.

I don’t see how any can disagree with the above but I’m sure some will and your entitled too it’s all about opinions :-)
Your not sure on Mendy but you say Jesus not good enough, come on man.

Your not sure on Mendy but you say Jesus not good enough, come on man.

Mendy has been injured too much to really evaluate him. My initial thoughts is it’s not going to work with him & I’d rather have zinchenco. Jesus offers nothing in my opinion. Works hard but not a striker who’s going to take city to the next level, he did zero today just lots of silly tackles.

Agreed Jesus is good enough, but not as the main goal scoring striker, no way is he that player.

thats the problem when Aguero is out which is a lot we only have Jesus to fill in for him. He should be a third choice type striker & cup game player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.