Transpennine Ale Trail

Deepest Blue said:
Used to be a good day but knobs have wrecked it.

Agreed

We have done this twice, once on a Saturday and once on a Friday.

Much, much better on a Friday - no hassle, bit busy but not so much it was a problem.

When we did it on a Saturday it was mobbed & full of gangs of lads who couldn't handle the ale, a couple of scuffles as well.

We make the point of getting a direct train to Leeds and have a couple in the Whitelocks pub and then head back for the train.

Just a tip - when you get to Slaiithwaite and cross the bridge - everybody turns left at the road - If you turn right and walk 150 yards around the bed - a small pub called The Swan that nobody on the trail seems to go in ........ better than queuing for a beer in he other pub.

Most places do Copper Dragon - Golden Pippin - what a great beer

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
Deepest Blue said:

Agreed

Much, much better on a Friday - no hassle, bit busy but not so much it was a problem.

When we did it on a Saturday it was mobbed & full of gangs of lads who couldn't handle the ale, a couple of scuffles as well.

We make the point of getting a direct train to Leeds and have a couple in the Whitelocks pub and then head back for the train.

Just a tip - when you get to Slaiithwaite and cross the bridge - everybody turns left at the road - If you turn right and walk 150 yards around the bed - a small pub called The Swan that nobody on the trail seems to go in ........ better than queuing for a beer in he other pub.

Do this at all costs.

Deepest Blue said:

Agreed

that's a big bed.

Did it last summer on a stag do. We're all 40 plus and didn't see any bother.

My tip is eat at Head of Steam Huddersfield.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Deepest Blue said:

Agreed

that's a big bed.

ha ha .... took me awhile to realise what you were on about ..... well spotted.

I've done it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can imagine it's been wrecked now though from what people are describing. I only saw one group of lads when I did it and they were fine. No bother, just pissed-up lads antics.

ManCityTom said:
Deepest Blue said:

Agreed

Do this at all costs.

I'll look out for this.

Hopefully by going while the weather is poor might rule out some of the dicks.

TBH I did it last year and only saw a couple of nobs at two pubs - the rest of the time was good.

Tip from a ex Newton Heath train driver do it midweek before the end of May,its been going for over 25 years well before James May and Oz Clark did it for a tele program now at weekend in the summer knob heads from Leeds to Manchester go on the trail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.