Transpennine Ale Trail

dawlish dave said:
Tip from a ex Newton Heath train driver do it midweek before the end of May,its been going for over 25 years well before James May and Oz Clark did it for a tele program now at weekend in the summer knob heads from Leeds to Manchester go on the trail.
May and Oz didn't even do it right. They went in the wrong pub at Huddersfield.

Did part of it last year first stop staly buffet bar got a pint in a sodding plastic pot asked for a real glass said cannot have one at weekends due to knobheads
Cue a quick return to town and proper glasses not sodding plastic ones

Did this time last year on a sat and saw no bother, but wasn't that busy probably more knobs out when it's sunnier. We started in dewsbury and made way back to manc good day out ended up shadowing a lesbian hen party that were all in the army and were due back in afganistan the week after, doing it again easter monday

I have done it last 3 years mid- may. Never seen any trouble. It's always a top laugh and takes no organising.

I don't get pub crawls. You spend half the day walking and most of the other half, queuing to get served 'cos every **** always wants a pint at the same time.

Once you've found one good boozer, what's the point in fucking off after ten minutes on the off chance you might find another one that's no worse?

RP2 said:
Anyone ever done one of these?

Basically a group of you get on a train from piccadilly to Huddersfield/Dewsbury (or however far you want to go) and frequent the pubs on or near the platforms, slowly making your way home.

I'm doing this tomorrow (as long as the snow doesn't fuck it up!) - it's a belter of a day out!

6 of us doing it tomoz too all between 35 - 45
Been planned since Nov so not cancelling just for snow
Hoping it does keep the crowds down

I live in Slawit / Slaithwaite and the ale trail is a strange thing to behold. There is no crime here. I hear a police siren maybe once every two months but police/security bods patrol the ale trail in riot gear. Town meetings are held and the MP's are often contacted with complaints.

It is good for the pubs and hopefully people will come back for a longer visit. Slawit has an award winning ice cream parlour and artisan bakery. Very nice walk along the canal to Marsden.

It is also the country show tomorrow so pop along to that if you are visiting.

Skashion said:
dawlish dave said:
Tip from a ex Newton Heath train driver do it midweek before the end of May,its been going for over 25 years well before James May and Oz Clark did it for a tele program now at weekend in the summer knob heads from Leeds to Manchester go on the trail.
May and Oz didn't even do it right. They went in the wrong pub at Huddersfield.

Which pub did they go in

Only done the trail once before and we went in kings head in Huddersfield, missed Head of steam

tidyman said:
I don't get pub crawls. You spend half the day walking and most of the other half, queuing to get served 'cos every **** always wants a pint at the same time.

Once you've found one good boozer, what's the point in fucking off after ten minutes on the off chance you might find another one that's no worse?

Agreed.

I was on a football do at the end of Jan. About 25 of us traipsing round Manchester in the snow. At one point we went from Withy Grove to Princess Street in the middle of a blizzard. Barmy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.