Travel to the USA

Soooo...

I followed the advice on the UK Government website for return to the UK, booked my UK return COVID tests for test to release, got my UK Government recommended pre-travel COVID test prior to check-in within the specified time for my return flight, filled in my passenger locator form, checked out of my hotel, drove to the regional airport for my onward return flight (ATL - LHR) due to take off at 2200 ATL time this evening, dropped off my hire car, got to check in desk and....

My COVID test form didn't have one of the specific phrases on the computer screen at check in so the clerk called her supervisor... and the pencil neck autocratic c*nt refused to let me check in because my test "didn't conform to the latest UK regulations". When I got the latest UK regulations up on the website on my phone and pointed out my test was valid and would be accepted by the UK the twat threatened to put me on a 14-day temporary no-fly list, and when I insisted I speak to his supervisor he called security and threatened to put me on the permanent no-fly list (usually reserved for criminals and terrorists). I doubt he had authority to do that, but I wasn't risking it. F*cking jobsworth c*nt. What makes it worse is one of my colleagues flew home with the same airline, from the same airport with the same test documentation just 48 hours earlier. I guarantee if there had been someone else on the desk with a bit more about them I would currently be boarding my flight in Atlanta.

F*cking fuming. The airline (thanks for f*ck all Delta) have rebooked us for tomorrow morning. Took us 4 hours to get another hire car and I've we've to get another hotel. Now we have to try and get a rapid PCR test done in the morning and get to the airport and check in before 0930 otherwise we're f*cked.

Sorry for ranting, but I've had a few beers....

Soooo...

I followed the advice on the UK Government website for return to the UK, booked my UK return COVID tests for test to release, got my UK Government recommended pre-travel COVID test prior to check-in within the specified time for my return flight, filled in my passenger locator form, checked out of my hotel, drove to the regional airport for my onward return flight (ATL - LHR) due to take off at 2200 ATL time this evening, dropped off my hire car, got to check in desk and....

My COVID test form didn't have one of the specific phrases on the computer screen at check in so the clerk called her supervisor... and the pencil neck autocratic c*nt refused to let me check in because my test "didn't conform to the latest UK regulations". When I got the latest UK regulations up on the website on my phone and pointed out my test was valid and would be accepted by the UK the twat threatened to put me on a 14-day temporary no-fly list, and when I insisted I speak to his supervisor he called security and threatened to put me on the permanent no-fly list (usually reserved for criminals and terrorists). I doubt he had authority to do that, but I wasn't risking it. F*cking jobsworth c*nt. What makes it worse is one of my colleagues flew home with the same airline, from the same airport with the same test documentation just 48 hours earlier. I guarantee if there had been someone else on the desk with a bit more about them I would currently be boarding my flight in Atlanta.

F*cking fuming. The airline (thanks for f*ck all Delta) have rebooked us for tomorrow morning. Took us 4 hours to get another hire car and I've we've to get another hotel. Now we have to try and get a rapid PCR test done in the morning and get to the airport and check in before 0930 otherwise we're f*cked.

What specific phrases did they want?

Soooo...

The yanks are even more bureaucratic than even the Spanish.

What specific phrases did they want?
They wanted to see either PCR, LAMP, or some other phrase I can't recall.

Our tests were antigen which were perfectly acceptable on the UK Government website, but the airport staff weren't even going to check or confirm. They'd made their minds up.

Only the DMV are worse apparently....

This morning after spending nearly 200 bucks on a rapid PCR test they barely even glanced at the form.

They wanted to see either PCR, LAMP, or some other phrase I can't recall.

Our tests were antigen which were perfectly acceptable on the UK Government website, but the airport staff weren't even going to check or confirm. They'd made their minds up.

Only the DMV are worse apparently....

This morning after spending nearly 200 bucks on a rapid PCR test they barely even glanced at the form.
Safe trip back - hoping at some point this year to be able to fly over. Been 2 years in July since I saw my daughters and grand kids :(

Breezed through Heathrow on the way back. Luckily only a couple of half full flights to deal with. No more than 25 minutes between getting off the aircraft and taking my bags off the conveyer belt, and 10 minutes of that was the walk from the aircraft to immigration.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.