Trevor Francis RIP

Met him when I was 10 when he joined City. He was brilliant and we were top of the table at Xmas. He had an achilles injury which I think reduced his appearances after that and we dropped down the league. He was sold at the end of the season. A class act. RIP Trevor Francis.

Well that's a real shocker really sad about that, remember his debut at Stoke scored 2 what a striker he was, gutted so sad for his family no age.

Reactions: Bez
Definitely in my top ten moments seeing his debut at Stoke. The pre match excitement and his class performance.
What a player.
R I P

Attachments

• IMG_0859.jpeg
    IMG_0859.jpeg
    373.4 KB · Views: 25
Still get goosebumps thinking about his debut vs Stoke - one of the biggest away followings I can remember (excluding Wembley, FA cup semis etc)

My Dad drove us up from Birmingham to Stoke - never been so excited ahead of a game.

Football is about dreaming - and he made us dream of success that day

Thanks for the brief memories of him in a City shirt. RIP.

I went to see City play Coventry away 12th December 1882 we won 1-0 (Tueart).

I went as a guest of the Coventry Physio (George??) and had access to the Players lounge after the game. Trevor Francis walked in with a stunning Blonde on one arm and a beautiful brunette on the other, both dripping in gold and looking stunning. I have his autograph somewhere.

The only other outstanding feature was the entrance of Bond... Kevin Bond. He entered with a nice girl on his arm and a Deerstalker hat, was unreal.

RIP Trevor. We will all miss you.

Very sad news, was at his debut in Stoke
Francis 2, Birtles, fabulous player who sadly had too many injuries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.