Trevor Francis RIP

BBC Sport has news of his passing, " the first 1 million pound footballer" next to Mbappe going from PSG for 259 m. Forty years difference, I know, but maybe Trevor was better value.

R.I.P

Great player but sadly only had a short spell at Manchester City, but lightened up the place and we even topped the league for a short space of time

what a game this was

Remember that rare win at that shithole. Had to watch Asa's disallowed goal three times to check my eyes weren't deceiving me. Hartford is in front of the scouse **** centre half. We have been being fucking cheated at the dump for decades.

RIP.

Sad news. Think he had been ill for some time?

I'm one of the 10,000 that went to Stoke for his debut. Epic. One of the best debuts I've seen, up there with Sergio and Ali B.

I remember going to Liverpool away after he had left us and he tunred up to watch City in the away end IIRC.
Best debut I’ve seen and one of the best away followings too. An epic day

Trevor’s debut was my first away game, would of fitted in nicely with any post takeover city side

Fantastic talent. RIP.
The real story, straight from one of the horses that was involved in meeting Clough and agreeing the signing was …we couldn’t afford to buy him in the first place.
Sounds about right for the way the club was run at the time.

Strangely, I always remember him on the back page of Shoot Magazine in Birmingham colours. Probably a bit less tribal back then in my infant days. No age and very sad for his family. RIP sir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.