Trevor Francis RIP

Just had a flash back to the Piccadilly radio advert.
went something like. Hi im Trevor Francis why dont you come down to Maine road tomorrow to watch and my teamsters play. or something like that
Come and watch me and Manchester City next season.

Then Swales sold him.

My favourite memory was his home debut (I think). The ball was deflected to him in the penalty area and he saw the spin on the ball and anticipated where it would bounce to, so went there.

Pure class, the quickest player on the turn I've ever seen and a game changer in an era of our club that was really unpredictable...one of my favourite City players such a shame we didn't keep hold of him for a longer period.
RIP Trevor thanks for the brief brilliant memories.

Remember my old man taking me and my bro to Maine Road specifically to watch Trevor Francis when he signed for City. I was 6 and it was one of my first games

It's a long time ago, but I think I remember watching him score a goal v Wolves at Maine Road from way out, was an absolute stunner. Top player, RIP Trev.
I've got a vague memory of him scoring a late winner against L***s sometime around the end of the year ('81?). The banjo players had parked the bus for the entire game, but Trevor scored at the Platt Lane end (IIRC).

Come and watch me and Manchester City next season.

Then Swales sold him.

My favourite memory was his home debut (I think). The ball was deflected to him in the penalty area and he saw the spin on the ball and anticipated where it would bounce to, so went there.
Yep I particularly remember that ad ....why I was so angry when we went and sold him

It's a long time ago, but I think I remember watching him score a goal v Wolves at Maine Road from way out, was an absolute stunner. Top player, RIP Trev.
I seem to remember him taking the ball over his right shoulder corner of the 18 yd box . Could have been Shannon though lol my memory is so poor remembering games .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.