Tribute to the Newcastle lads killed on MH17 at first game

Re: Tribute to the Newcastle lads killed on MH17 at first ga

Well done to the Blues who got the banner up,nice 1.
Tend to agree with BigJoe though,hardly a mention of it from sky since then.
Be nice to be acknowledged.
MCFC.....Top Of The League on day #1
As an old c#*t once said.........So pwoud :)

2 blues was on sky news earlier being interviewed about it. Nice touch well done all involved.

Sent a shiver down my spine watching that. Very emotional.

It's the gesture that is important not the publicity and it was a classy gesture. Those close to the two men will know what we did and that is all that matters.

Proelia said:
BigJoe#1 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Just shown the banner-Well done blues

I agree but..... I think SKY are again a disgrace.

Whilst I accept it's not about us and we all wish it hadn't happened, Sky TV flashed the City supporters banner for all of what, quite literally 2 or 3 seconds.

Had that been the scum fans doing that it would have been a longer shot and some generous words... for us, nothing.

Never mind, the club and football can be proud of the support there today.

Well done lads and lasses!
Embarrassing
If you offer condolences you don't do it so that others will say what caring souls you are.

BigJoe#1 said:

Whilst I accept it's not about us and we all wish it hadn't happened, Sky TV flashed the City supporters banner for all of what, quite literally 2 or 3 seconds.

Had that been the scum fans doing that it would have been a longer shot and some generous words... for us, nothing.

You seem to want everyone in the nation to have seen, take note and comment on how great we are for doing this. It isn't about that, it isn't about Manchester City, it's about two Geordies.

The gesture wasn't to win plaudits or sell shirts. We got suitable recognition in that the banner was deliberately picked out on camera. Why would we want the limelight on such an occasion?

Big well done to all the blues who were there today. You did the club proud, not just with the silent tribute but throughout the match with your constant and very loud backing for the team.

WELL DONE!

BigJoe#1 said:

Come on. We can't say we know it's not about us and then in the next breath ask for greater coverage.
Well done to those who went out of their way to make this banner and everybody at Newcastle today who represented the club brilliantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.