Tribute to the Newcastle lads killed on MH17 at first game

Re: Tribute to the Newcastle lads killed on MH17 at first ga

Love Bites and Everything said:
It's the gesture that is important not the publicity and it was a classy gesture. Those close to the two men will know what we did and that is all that matters.
Exactly. Well done didsburyblu.

sir baconface said:
The gesture wasn't to win plaudits or sell shirts. We got suitable recognition in that the banner was deliberately picked out on camera. Why would we want the limelight on such an occasion?
People like to be seen grieving over something big. I think they think that if you're seen to show respect to the death ls of people that is in the media you should get plaudits from all corners of society with lots of comments about how great they are.

The minute's silence was beautifully observed, the 17th minute applause enthusiastically joined and the banner was spot on.

City fans showed due class today. The bereaved families' feelings are all that matter.

Blink and you miss it on MOTD

KippaxCitizen said:
sir baconface said:
The gesture wasn't to win plaudits or sell shirts. We got suitable recognition in that the banner was deliberately picked out on camera. Why would we want the limelight on such an occasion?
People like to be seen grieving over something big. I think they think that if you're seen to show respect to the death ls of people that is in the media you should get plaudits from all corners of society with lots of comments about how great they are.

Serious question? How old are you? Cos you come across as a first class twat! I hope for your sake nothing bad happens to your family cos you'll get fuck all support from here with your attitude.
I'm not even sure your a city fan but if you are I seriously hope our paths never cross you are a grade one asshole who services would be more suited to the swamp down the road.
Now If you don't get that fellow fans want to show respect that is your choice but stop spouting your shite on this thread cos your in a minority of one now your fellow supporter got banned

BigJoe#1 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Just shown the banner-Well done blues

I agree but..... I think SKY are again a disgrace.

Whilst I accept it's not about us and we all wish it hadn't happened, Sky TV flashed the City supporters banner for all of what, quite literally 2 or 3 seconds.

Had that been the scum fans doing that it would have been a longer shot and some generous words... for us, nothing.
Jesus fucking Christ. Grow the fuck up, would you? As soon as I saw the banner flash on the screen I knew someone on this bloody place would make a complaint about it not being on screen for long enough.

Screen time for that banner was not important - the banner was made for the Newcastle fans in the stadium and two men who are now no longer with us. Charitable gestures are not there to be televised unless it's [British celebrity] spending time with children growing up in economically damaged countries under fascist regimes.

The banner was designed by City fans to show their respect to two football fans who went to watch their team and didn't come home again, not so that you could feel happy with yourself having seen it get "some generous words" on national TV. City fans being given a pat on the back wouldn't change the gesture.

You say that you accept that it's not about us, but you don't accept it at all.

johnny on the spot said:
The minute's silence was beautifully observed, the 17th minute applause enthusiastically joined and the banner was spot on.

City fans showed due class today. The bereaved families' feelings are all that matter.
But what about BigJoe#1? He said that he accepted the occasion wasn't about us, but he's still going to wrap himself up in his David Silva duvet and cry himself to sleep because Sky only put OUR GESTURE on screen for THREE SECONDS.

I can't believe you'd ignore someone in such an emotional state.

To be fair to Sky, the coverage was from Sky News, not Sky Sports. The quick interview with didsburyblu & myself with Frazer Maude was done in the morning & was shown every hour from 5pm last night (along with the banner) on Sky News, & is also on the website.
The actual amount of coverage though was irrelevant...as it never was about us. The way the City fans conducted themselves at the game yesterday made me so proud to be a blue.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/story/1319981/fans-remember-newcastle-mh17-victims" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/story/1319981/fans- ... 17-victims</a>

Well done to all involved - the banner makers and all the Blues at SJP. Good to show respect to two obviously very, very loyal fans who died in such an unusual and shocking fashion. The banner and silence was all about them, their friends and family - I'd like to think we'd do the same again regardless of opposition or TV coverage.

Also hats off to Vinny - I missed the very start but saw him kissing a couple of women on the pitch who I presume were related to the lads who died. It's never easy to deal with bereaved people, especially in front of millions and when you don't really know them. Something about his body language told me he went about it as someone with genuine sympathy and feeling rather than just going through the motions as part of his job. A great ambassador and leader.

RIP Geordie boys

The main thing is that as a set of fans the tribute was made and a big hats off to those involved. With regards to the publicity for the club I'm sure the tribute was never done nor intended to promote the club in a positive way through the press as to be honest who cares what they think. I watched the north east news last night and the father of one of the lads who died made reference to the flag and that's who the tribute was for the family and the toon fans. Again well done to all involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.