Tribute to the Newcastle lads killed on MH17 at first game

Re: Tribute to the Newcastle lads killed on MH17 at first ga

This thread has had a mixed reaction most in favour but some dubious of our intentions which is a little disappointing. The whole point of the banner was not to revel in self glory but to pay tribute to two loyal fans who litteraly went to the back of beyond to support their team and ultimately lost their lives in the process.
We knew last week that the local newspaper were running an article on it and we knew we were meeting sky news today but didn't post it as this wasn't about us it was about two lads who lost their lives following the team they love.
Anyway to all the city fans there today the minutes silence was perfectly observed and the minutes applause albeit it was a minute late was impeccable too so well done.

And just to point out how different generations view things differently I'm now on a train home listening to city fans singing about digging up Matt Busby about planes crashing along with other unsavoury tunes. I'm happy to be old school and show respect to other fans/clubs and if you dont like it then that's your choice just don't poison my threads with your spiteful comments

It was never about world recognition i hope, just football fans paying their respects. Just got back to Durham Geordies well impressed with our input to the day, well done all

didsburyblu said:
This thread has had a mixed reaction most in favour but some dubious of our intentions which is a little disappointing. The whole point of the banner was not to revel in self glory but to pay tribute to two loyal fans who litteraly went to the back of beyond to support their team and ultimately lost their lives in the process.
We knew last week that the local newspaper were running an article on it and we knew we were meeting sky news today but didn't post it as this wasn't about us it was about two lads who lost their lives following the team they love.
Anyway to all the city fans there today the minutes silence was perfectly observed and the minutes applause albeit it was a minute late was impeccable too so well done.

Only just seen this - but well done and thank you DB, respect due.

didsburyblu said:
And just to point out how different generations view things differently I'm now on a train home listening to city fans singing about digging up Matt Busby about planes crashing along with other unsavoury tunes. I'm happy to be old school and show respect to other fans/clubs and if you dont like it then that's your choice just don't poison my threads with your spiteful comments

Quite....

didsburyblu said:
city fans singing about digging up Matt Busby.
Makes you despair really, I'll bet none of them were old enough to have known anything about Busby either, especially that he played over 200 games for their own club.

Anyway well done on the tribute.

WhenProgrammesWereAShilling said:
Big well done to all the blues who were there today. You did the club proud, not just with the silent tribute but throughout the match with your constant and very loud backing for the team.

WELL DONE!

+1

cleavers said:
didsburyblu said:
city fans singing about digging up Matt Busby.
Makes you despair really, I'll bet none of them were old enough to have known anything about Busby either, especially that he played over 200 games for their own club.

Anyway well done on the tribute.

As someone who remembers the Munich disaster and wept with both City and United fans at the senseless deaths of so many people I sometimes despair. BUT people like you Didsburyblu, and the fans who kept the silence today, and who paid tribute to the two Geordies restore my faith quite a bit. Thank you so much.

BigJoe#1 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Just shown the banner-Well done blues

I agree but..... I think SKY are again a disgrace.

Whilst I accept it's not about us and we all wish it hadn't happened, Sky TV flashed the City supporters banner for all of what, quite literally 2 or 3 seconds.

Had that been the scum fans doing that it would have been a longer shot and some generous words... for us, nothing.

Never mind, the club and football can be proud of the support there today.

Well done lads and lasses!

BigJoe you are 100% correct about sky SINKING to the low depths matching Stretford £ signs! Well done to all fellow Blues involved in the Fantastic Banner to those poor innocent Geordie fans whose life was so cruelly taken away:(

didsburyblu said:

Sad to hear that because I thought everyone was fantastic at St James today. Just got back and wifey said we were really loud all throughout the match. Those same people who are singing unsavoury songs are the same ones that did themselves, and the club, proud in the way they observed the minutes silence. I know it doesn't excuse it but they really don't realise what they're singing and the way it makes them look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.