Tribute to the Newcastle lads killed on MH17 at first game

Re: Tribute to the Newcastle lads killed on MH17 at first ga

didsburyblu said:
2bluejacko said:
didsburyblu said:
Which site did you find that picture on?
dont change your mind on your design didsburyblu...its brilliant

No plans to change the design just curious if it's from a Newcastle fan site as may be worth liasing with them about there plans for the day and finding a suitable place for our banner so it can be seen

I saw it on twitter, on a football feed rather than a specific one. Quick google image search came up with what could be the source

https://twitter.com/GeordieCyclist

CtidBlueMooner said:
We (the North East Blues OSC) have been looking at doing something along these lines...given the connection we have.
We were looking at the wording "Shoulder to Shoulder" below the names Adler & Sweeney separated by Toon crest. If you want me to help or liase with NUFC/ get banner sent up here so it can get hung the day before, PM us.
there you go didsburyblu... bit of help if you need it...

2bluejacko said:
CtidBlueMooner said:
We (the North East Blues OSC) have been looking at doing something along these lines...given the connection we have.
there you go didsburyblu... bit of help if you need it...
Already on the case mate. Been liaising with didsburyblu and also in touch with the Club, and they've agreed to get the banner in place in advance in a good spot that will be seen.

Banner is now paid for and ordered. Should arrive around Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Went in the end for the 2nd design option with the names included as that seemed the more favourable one from the responses I got. The banner is 12 FT x 3.5 FT.

As CTIDBLUEMOONER has stated Newcastle are on board with this idea so it will get our message across and whilst it is only a small tribute I feel it is fitting as the dedication of those two lads in travelling to the other side of the world for a simple friendly game and their overall attendance record at Newcastle games is quite something and goes far beyond what I would call loyalty to a team and it is a tragedy to the football world as a whole that these two and of course the other 296 on board should lose their lives in such a senseless way. I'm sure Newcastle and City, club and fans alike will honour their memory perfectly on the 17th August.

Thanks finally to CTIDBLUEMOONER for his assistance with this its been a huge help so cheers mate.

Personally I have no idea what you would want to do this. Just seems odd. And people bemoan the Scousers for grief mongering.

Some people you didn't know and have never met died. Odd behavior.

Cooler said:
Personally I have no idea what you would want to do this. Just seems odd. And people bemoan the Scousers for grief mongering.

smh

Cooler said:

Piece of advice...if anyone ever offers you a penny for your thoughts....sell - it's the best offer you'll ever get.
I could explain it to you (football supporters - common bond- respect - doing the right thing etc etc) but I don't think you'd understand.

Donate a few quid to the lads families then, anonymously?

Suppose there wouldn't be any e-backslapping then.

Carry on.

Well done, didsburyblu.

I'm so glad that you've managed to get this off the ground and have the full support and cooperation of NUFC.

We'll be looking out for your banner on the 17th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.