Trophy Parade | Sunday 26th May, 19:30

I was with my two girls and there were a few rags "Where's your FA cup?"

"Same place as your Premier league"
There were a lot of people out on the piss on deansgate as it was a bank holiday Sunday.. including quite a few gobby rags.. although not too gobby as they were vastly outnumbered

Went on X/Twitter very briefly. It’s started. Selected pictures by Untied and Liverpool fans of a now show turn out title parade again by City fans. Honestly I’m not arsed. At the end of the day it’s just bitter red shirt banter. But it’s so predictable and boring now, isn’t it.

Even a fucking Stockport County fan on Facebook said they had more fans and a better parade, well a mate of mine City fan lives near Stockport went to both parades, said obviously City had a lot more fans and was a much better parade.
People don't half post some daft shit on social media.

There was a vendor outside the Piccadilly Wetherspoons selling scarves before the parade yesterday. heard some prick Utd fan ask him if he had any FA Cup winners scarves. Quick as a flash he said, no, but I’ve got some eighth place scarves, that I will be selling on Thursday nights. The rag walked off looking duly embarrassed.

It's all well and good top blues on here with 20k loyalty points geeing themselves up about the parade. But for a parade to work you need over 100k people most of whom will be fair weather fans who get swept up in the euphoria of victory. That just won't happen now. I'd love to know the mastermind who thought it would be a good idea to organise this before outcome of the cup final. Shooting ourselves in the foot big time.
Jesus!

You can't just decide to hold a parade and expect the Council to close all the roads, secure and build all the stuff that goes with it and have people to manage it.

The setting up of barriers is a huge task and started late afternoon.

Never mind the calendar and the fact Sunday was the middle of a Bank Holiday weekend too, it was a perfect time to have it.

It was booked and arranged after the Title was won last weekend, that is what the Parade is for.

The FA Cup had no bearing on the Parade whatsoever!

Last edited:
Ha! I take your point, but parades are full if parents with kids and I think a lot will be looking at not being home til post 10, plus them being drenched in the rain, and will sack it off.
Too late now but you didn't have to stay til the end!

Tea in Town, see the start and soak up the atmosphere and head home if the clock is a factor!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.