Trophy Parade | Sunday 26th May, 19:30

Just had a look at the comments on the MUen about the parade..fuck me the bitter rag cunts are out in force.
Apparently nobody was there..empty streets etc..lads and lasses make no mistakes the cunts are hurting..we have ruined them.
The only thing they can say is shit about the parade as they know we are so far in front of them they need a telescope to see us

I must admit, I was walking around London on Saturday night thinking that the parade was ill-timed, was unwanted and would be a damp squib. I decided I'd go to see it because I felt I'd be behaving in a spoilt and entitled way if I didn’t.

How wrong I was about the whole thing. The mood was buoyant, the excitement was palpable and there were so many people there (I suspect a lot who don't get to go to many matches). My mood has been lifted and I'm glad I went. It was a blessing to have the parade because it has helped everyone to move on.

The FA Cup has been a great and traditional competition but we are ultimately judged on PLs and CLs. To that end, we have delivered great success and the greatest feat in English football - four in a row. United won the battle but we won the war. As was the case with Van Gaal, Ten Hag is about to lose his job after winning the FA Cup, so it tells me exactly how little it means to them.

Would I have swapped either league win against them for a win on Saturday? No, because that would be swapping the biggest prize of all for the FA Cup. Would I swap last year's FA Cup for this year's? No, because that would mean no Treble. When you are as successful as City, you put yourself in a position to regularly win trophies, but you also put yourself in a position where you will have to deal with disappointment on occasion. Losing finals is something you have to deal with when you regularly feature in them. Life might be less stressful if I start to support Fulham, but life as a City fan really is as good as it gets for anyone.

I must admit, I was walking around London on Saturday night thinking that the parade was ill-timed, was unwanted and would be a damp squib. I decided I'd go to see it because I felt I'd be behaving in a spoilt and entitled way if I didn’t.

How wrong I was about the whole thing. The mood was buoyant, the excitement was palpable and there were so many people there (I suspect a lot who don't get to go to many matches). My mood has been lifted and I'm glad I went. It was a blessing to have the parade because it has helped everyone to move on.

The FA Cup has been a great and traditional competition but we are ultimately judged on PLs and CLs. To that end, we have delivered great success and the greatest feat in English football - four in a row. United won the battle but we won the war. As was the case with Van Gaal, Ten Hag is about to lose his job after winning the FA Cup, so it tells me exactly how little it means to them.

Would I have swapped either league win against them for a win on Saturday? No, because that would be swapping the biggest prize of all for the FA Cup. Would I swap last year's FA Cup for this year's? No, because that would mean no Treble. When you are as successful as City, you put yourself in a position to regularly win trophies, but you also put yourself in a position where you will have to deal with disappointment on occasion. Losing finals is something you have to deal with when you regularly feature in them. Life might be less stressful if I start to support Fulham, but life as a City fan really is as good as it gets for anyone.
Losing the Cup final is a lot less disappointing than dropping into the third tier of English football.

After all the successes of the last 13 years, I, and I’m sure most Blues, can handle the disappointment of losing at Wembley, even if it was to those negative, left behind twats from Trafford.

I was amazed at the turnout, all things considered. We really enjoyed watching it on City’s youtube channel. Looked superb.

Last edited:
The turn out last night was superb, in the end I couldn’t make it but the pictures on the telly showed not only how much the fans of this club are a credit but also just how much the players warmed to them. City have always had a strong greater Manchester and north west support, most of them have attended lots of games so we have loyalty and convenience. When we were in the lower divisions, the rags at work in Wythenshawe would outnumber the blues but the thing is, all us blues had season tickets, very few of the rags did and even fewer could find Owe Trafford with an A-Z.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.