Trouble at the Derby (merged)

BlueMoonz1977 said:
It does my head in that the scum that is Rooney can always celebrate running towards our fans, yet this is never seen as wrong or inciting.

The scum's players have always done this yet I cannot remember any of our players actually goading opposition fans to the same extent that the scum players do. Of course the exception would be adebayor v arsenal but he wasn't that clever anyway.

Robbie Fowler at the swamp, warming up as sub for us.
Giving them the European Cup gestures behind his back.
Fuckin hilarious.

“If you score a goal and give a bit to opposing fans I kind of accept that but at the final whistle (you should) go to your own fans and enjoy it, not opposing fans.”

Maybe Ferdinand needs to be reminded of his own words following the bust up with Mario at the swamp last year. I don't remember well, but wasn't Mario in the middle of the pitch but Anderson & he took offense bc Mario "looked" in that direction. Or was he as close as Camel Face was?

Regardless, if a City player had taken offense early on, maybe they wouldn't have continued the goading or at least more light would've been brought on their own actions to instigate our fans. there are times to forget about being classy but I think our players were too gutted to stand up for us.
At least I hope so.

pokerjokerz said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Agree with the rag fan post.

Can't do a fcking thing now in this country and football sums it up.

It's like those lads arrested and charged for singing songs to sol campbell. Leeds fans being hammered for singing about jimmy saville, Our fans being slaughtered for using the M word in a song. Fcking hell even I am not typing it in full in case I get picked up on it.

Madness

Whilst I agree with you on almost all you say, the bit underlined is where I draw exception to what you say.

Somethings are beyong the boundaries of even football. Hillsborough, Bradford Fire, Munich, Marc Vivienne Foe,... ( yes I know some of our fans are equally as guilty so I am not taking any form of moral high ground ).

If you sing about the deaths of innocent footballer, fans, players or whatever, you are crossing the boundaries.

I am all for banter, abuse and a bit of lighthearted mindless violence, but there are lines you just shouldn't cross, and singing songs celebrating the deaths of players and journalists is one of those lines.

As a side note, its never really bothered me that I am referred to as a "munich". If anything its a compliment, because to be labelled alongside such people as Duncan Edwards and Frank Swift is high praise indeed...

Frank Swift won the FA Cup and the league as a City player...........like Joe Hart..........Imagine Joe dying in a plane crash in years to come and us singing about it.

Rooney's quite entitled to celebrate in front of the home fans, who, minutes earlier had been pelting him with coins. Football fans (not just City's) need to man up and take it on the chin if they want to dish it out.

AliceAyres said:
Rooney's quite entitled to celebrate in front of the home fans, who, minutes earlier had been pelting him with coins. Football fans (not just City's) need to man up and take it on the chin if they want to dish it out.

Visa versa

AliceAyres said:

He would have done it regardless of the coins, he's proven it time and time again.

mancityvstoke said:
Rooneys a dick ...even Utd fans know this. A scouse dick at that.

my rag mates hate him, but put with him for the sake of winning.

OJ Blue said:
pokerjokerz said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Agree with the rag fan post.

Can't do a fcking thing now in this country and football sums it up.

It's like those lads arrested and charged for singing songs to sol campbell. Leeds fans being hammered for singing about jimmy saville, Our fans being slaughtered for using the M word in a song. Fcking hell even I am not typing it in full in case I get picked up on it.

Madness

Whilst I agree with you on almost all you say, the bit underlined is where I draw exception to what you say.

Somethings are beyong the boundaries of even football. Hillsborough, Bradford Fire, Munich, Marc Vivienne Foe,... ( yes I know some of our fans are equally as guilty so I am not taking any form of moral high ground ).

If you sing about the deaths of innocent footballer, fans, players or whatever, you are crossing the boundaries.

I am all for banter, abuse and a bit of lighthearted mindless violence, but there are lines you just shouldn't cross, and singing songs celebrating the deaths of players and journalists is one of those lines.

As a side note, its never really bothered me that I am referred to as a "munich". If anything its a compliment, because to be labelled alongside such people as Duncan Edwards and Frank Swift is high praise indeed...

Frank Swift won the FA Cup and the league as a City player...........like Joe Hart..........Imagine Joe dying in a plane crash in years to come and us singing about it.

theres either a lot of people with short memories or are too young to remember the 80's. i remember being at Old Trafford and virtually all of our paddock were singing munich songs, bloody hell there were about 8 different songs.
That said society has changed and there isnt a place for it these days, and i do think football has gone far too soft these days. i used to love the derby rivalry, now you're scared to stand or make any gesture to the opposition fans.

so often you see players of away teams punchineg their fist to home fans when they score, Sunderland against us last season did it, not sure if the player was a former rag to... In the heat of the moment they claim, well its the heat of the moment from a fan to if a player mocks that he has just scored..

Common sense to be honest, celebrate in front of oposite fans and you risk abuse back... Would you go to a zoo and poke a bear in the eye with a shitty stick !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.