Trouble at the Derby (merged)

mekonmcfc said:
OJ Blue said:
pokerjokerz said:
Whilst I agree with you on almost all you say, the bit underlined is where I draw exception to what you say.

Somethings are beyong the boundaries of even football. Hillsborough, Bradford Fire, Munich, Marc Vivienne Foe,... ( yes I know some of our fans are equally as guilty so I am not taking any form of moral high ground ).

If you sing about the deaths of innocent footballer, fans, players or whatever, you are crossing the boundaries.

I am all for banter, abuse and a bit of lighthearted mindless violence, but there are lines you just shouldn't cross, and singing songs celebrating the deaths of players and journalists is one of those lines.

As a side note, its never really bothered me that I am referred to as a "munich". If anything its a compliment, because to be labelled alongside such people as Duncan Edwards and Frank Swift is high praise indeed...

Frank Swift won the FA Cup and the league as a City player...........like Joe Hart..........Imagine Joe dying in a plane crash in years to come and us singing about it.

theres either a lot of people with short memories or are too young to remember the 80's. i remember being at Old Trafford and virtually all of our paddock were singing munich songs, bloody hell there were about 8 different songs.
That said society has changed and there isnt a place for it these days, and i do think football has gone far too soft these days. i used to love the derby rivalry, now you're scared to stand or make any gesture to the opposition fans.

fan profiles have changed mate. Gone forever those days.

MUNICH 58 sprayed everywhere too......loads of Munich songs but having said that I had no idea when I was 16 that Frank Swift had died and was an ex blue. All I knew was that loads of blues sang these songs and most joined in then.

Then Utd fans started calling themselves Munichs ......

mancityvstoke said:
mekonmcfc said:
OJ Blue said:
Frank Swift won the FA Cup and the league as a City player...........like Joe Hart..........Imagine Joe dying in a plane crash in years to come and us singing about it.

theres either a lot of people with short memories or are too young to remember the 80's. i remember being at Old Trafford and virtually all of our paddock were singing munich songs, bloody hell there were about 8 different songs.
That said society has changed and there isnt a place for it these days, and i do think football has gone far too soft these days. i used to love the derby rivalry, now you're scared to stand or make any gesture to the opposition fans.

fan profiles have changed mate. Gone forever those days.

MUNICH 58 sprayed everywhere too......loads of Munich songs but having said that I had no idea when I was 16 that Frank Swift had died and was an ex blue. All I knew was that loads of blues sang these songs and most joined in then.

Then Utd fans started calling themselves Munichs ......

i do miss the old standing paddocks at away grounds, made for a much more volatile atmosphere

Actually Munich hasn't totally gone. At the Derby the who put the ball in the Munich net appeared and many were shouting Munich stuff.

They returned with who put the ball in the city net...half of fucking Europe.

mancityvstoke said:
Actually Munich hasn't totally gone. At the Derby the who put the ball in the Munich net appeared and many were shouting Munich stuff.

there you go a bit of humour and it didnt hurt anyone.

I saw at least 3-4 lads doing aeroplane gestures towards the United fans in the Soulth Stand level 2. All clubs have there pricks supporting them,us included.

What makes me laugh is if they were real blues they would know about Frank Swift etc.
They are not,they just attach themselves to the club,and think it's big and hard to kick it off,throw coins,do aeroplane gestures..Fucking idiots,all of em

mancityvstoke said:

That was actually quite funny, for them. Weren't we singing 'who out the ball in United's net' though?

There was a big shift in singing of Munich songs after the the Yaya song at Blackburn. That is some change when you think that only a few years ago, literally the whole of Eastlands used to sing 'Carlos Tevez is a blue, he hates Munichs'.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I saw at least 3-4 lads doing aeroplane gestures towards the United fans in the Soulth Stand level 2. All clubs have there pricks supporting them,us included.

What makes me laugh is if they were real blues they would know about Frank Swift etc.
They are not,they just attach themselves to the club,and think it's big and hard to kick it off,throw coins,do aeroplane gestures..Fucking idiots,all of em

Utd don't care about it, even they were doing the aeroplane wings to us!

Loads of people say they don't sing or do the munich gesture come derby day you hear and see it.

There is a light said:
mancityvstoke said:

That was actually quite funny, for them. Weren't we singing 'who out the ball in United's net' though?

There was a big shift in singing of Munich songs after the the Yaya song at Blackburn. That is some change when you think that only a few years ago, literally the whole of Eastlands used to sing 'Carlos Tevez is a blue, he hates Munichs'.

It wasn't Utd net where I was stood. Although some do try to sing that version.

there was a fair few rags making aero plane gestures towards the city fans after their 2nd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.