Trouble in the East Stand??

i'd happily talk to the press but I wasn't in that block so could only pass on in good faith info posted on here by real eyewitnesses.

Matty I basically outlined what my strategy would be regarding 109 pages ago, I'll try and find it and bump it up as it was more detailed than what I can be arsed regurgitating now.

cuntb.png

bluemoonbirdy said:
I sit on the second row next to this poor chap and the argument here has been lost somewhere in this thread.

He very politely refused to be seated, citing that thousands of others were standing, (in our section) and he felt he was being singled out, (as he was). No fewer than 4 stewards approached ONLY this gentleman. He never uttered a single profanity, being shoulder to shoulder with him, I should know.

For this, and only this he is then manhandled and assaulted by the stewards, one of which jumped over the first row and got into a tangle with myself and others.

The police I don´t believe were at fault, the officers appeared to be not looking at the man but at the crowd as they appeared worried about some from of mob rule, which given the stewards heavy-handedness was a great concern.

This isn´t about sitting or standing, it is about a man being victimised by thugs in yellow jackets.

Stop arguing and see the black and white in the argument, anyone who was within 5 rows of this knows what happened and anyone with anything negative to say regarding this man´s behaviour is just looking to make trouble.

I have emailed both Peter Fletcher and Vicky Kloss my version of events and await there response...if any.

Here here, the post of this thread. Too much arguing between ourselves, it was shocking from what I saw in 111. I believe the police are not to blame for the incident, but could have avoided it getting heated by telling th stewards to calm down and to step back stop being nonces.

Re: Re: Trouble in the East Stand??

dom12345 said:
Stevie B said:
Just spoke with BBC Manc, they phoned me asked me to do some radio interview :S

Dunno if what I said was right, hopefully they don't put me across as some football hooligan prick.

Said it will be on around 4pm
What did you say?
He said it will be on around 4pm. Are you deaf?

Matty said:
dom12345 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Glad ive got my padded seat on level 2 when I read this! My feet were killing after standing at Blackburn all game :)

Club needs to sort it at the end of the season.
Or sort it now, make 109 all standing?
The club need to make a call, allow 109 to be a standing block, or insist it's seating only.

Once they make this call (some might say they already have), then they need to enforce whatever decision they make.

However the METHOD of enforcement is clearly not working, and in my opinion, is the incorrect one to use.

IF City have decided there is to be no standing in block 109 then the only way to sensibly enforce it is, again in my opinion, the following:-

1 - Send a letter out to everyone in block 109 stating it's a seated only block. Explain the repercussions should you refuse to sit.

2 - On match days, reiterate the message from the letter, that 109 is seating only.

3 - Get the stewards to politely, but firmly, from the front row and working backwards, ask the fans to sit down.

4 - For anyone who refuses to sit down, take a note of their seat number and row.

5 - After the game, but prior to the next home match, send out letters to all those who refused to sit. Inform them that, for the next home game, their ticket has been deactivated and they may not attaend the game (only 1 match).

6 - Should people persistently offend increase the match bans, to 2 games, 3 games etc.

7 - Eventually, should someone still refuse to sit, remove their seasoncard completely.

Now, I'm not saying I agree with the decision to make people sit, I actually have no strong dfeelings one way or the other, I'll do what those around me do. I'm lucky in respect that I sit so far back in 109 that I never get asked to sit down. What I am saying is that IF the club have made the decision they need to enforce it sensibly, and safely. The method they use at present, which seems to be a mix of intimidation, force and ffan removals, isn't working, causes as many issues as it prevents, and is demonstratively dangerous.

The problem with the standing regulation is it is open to so many interpretations which makes it unenforceable.
Standing up during the game is permitted. The trouble is around the word ''persistantly''.
The Football Licensing Authority (FLA) will tell you themselves that standing up ''at moments of excitment'' is permitted. But how do you define what is exciting and what isnt. This will vary from person to person. For many fans, the whole game is exciting! Is getting a corner exciting enough to warrent getting on your feet? (it was when Stuart Pearce was manager!!)
Liverpool had this issue in the Kop a few years ago and the fans group organising a standing 'zone' met with safety officers and came to an agreement that they could remain doing what they were doing as long as every now and then a steward would walk up past the section and the fans had to sit down ''for a few moments'' (assuming they didnt score during that time) - just to break up that ''persistant'' standing tag. This worked and satisfied both the safety officers requirements and fans desires.

Slicker than Sommeil said:
bluemoonbirdy said:
I sit on the second row next to this poor chap and the argument here has been lost somewhere in this thread.

He very politely refused to be seated, citing that thousands of others were standing, (in our section) and he felt he was being singled out, (as he was). No fewer than 4 stewards approached ONLY this gentleman. He never uttered a single profanity, being shoulder to shoulder with him, I should know.

For this, and only this he is then manhandled and assaulted by the stewards, one of which jumped over the first row and got into a tangle with myself and others.

The police I don´t believe were at fault, the officers appeared to be not looking at the man but at the crowd as they appeared worried about some from of mob rule, which given the stewards heavy-handedness was a great concern.

This isn´t about sitting or standing, it is about a man being victimised by thugs in yellow jackets.

Stop arguing and see the black and white in the argument, anyone who was within 5 rows of this knows what happened and anyone with anything negative to say regarding this man´s behaviour is just looking to make trouble.

I have emailed both Peter Fletcher and Vicky Kloss my version of events and await there response...if any.

Here here, the post of this thread. Too much arguing between ourselves, it was shocking from what I saw in 111. I believe the police are not to blame for the incident, but could have avoided it getting heated by telling th stewards to calm down and to step back stop being nonces.

The bloke was definitely over 16

Re: Re: Trouble in the East Stand??

Prestwich_Blue said:
dom12345 said:
Stevie B said:
Just spoke with BBC Manc, they phoned me asked me to do some radio interview :S

Dunno if what I said was right, hopefully they don't put me across as some football hooligan prick.

Said it will be on around 4pm
What did you say?
He said it will be on around 4pm. Are you deaf?

Lol, fair play to you Stevie, at least you've had the balls to step forward.

Blue Mooner said:
This sense of injustice on this thread is completely laughable. People are standing up in a designated seating area. If you sit down you will have no problem.

The only aggressive behaviour is coming from City fans as far as I can see. If you resist ejection after refusing to sit down then suffer the consequences. I fully support the club in this. They need to stick up for those fans in that section who have paid to sit down but are unable to do so due to the selfishness of others.

As for that old guy he was clearly out to cause a scenew and trouble for the club. Lying down on the tarmac as if there was something seriously wrong with him when he was given a clean bill of health. Complete joker. I can't see any aggressive behaviour from a steward or police officer apart from trying to eject someone who was playing up. Funny how we don't get to see what happens 'BEFORE' they try to eject the guy.

Simple answer guys obey the rules and SIT DOWN FFS! Are you lot too thick to get that in
your heads!?

Im in row a in 109,if asked to sit down i do so, then im faced with showsec stood in front of me asking people to sit down behind me.now i can't see fuck all so i stand up again, only to be asked to sit down again, this goes on and on and on....

Hopefully it doesn't backfire :S

Don't wanna lose my SC and be banned or something.

Maybe this is one big idea to get rid of SC's around there, freeing up more seats for the daytrippers.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Stevie B said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
It strikes me that there are not many witnesses willing to step forward on this man's behalf. Perhaps through fear of losing their own season ticket or just plain apathy. If the the moral outrage of the majority on here is to be believed then why is no-one stepping up to the plate to speak to the press ?

err?

What ? From what I can see, the press have pulled the video from Youtube but despite numerous requests to speak to fans no-one has.
Nope it's still there and 51 thousand views
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0dZfS2CDg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.