Trouble in the East Stand??

n_mcfc said:
That's actually quite upsetting to watch.

Absolutely disgraceful and I know for sure that the club will do something in response.

Dream on.

Conduct of stewards in 109 has been DISGRACEFUL for months.

Numerous complaints to Fletcher reported on here.

NOTHING done, only getting worse as seen in the videos.

The law says people shouldn't stand in a stadium while watching a proffesional football match. 80 plus people died because scum had taken over the terraces, caused fencing to be erected and cost clubs millions. But it also led to better stadia and neutered the scum element. What is missing here is a consitancy and dialogue with the fans. Firstly the language is a digrace. You morons and you know who you are, can't utter a sentence without swearing even when children are present, so should even consider you're views. Secondly some fans are probably sick of standing because you want to, you selfish ingrates. Thirdly, I miss the Kippax!

mancitykid_7 said:
Had a few facebook messages people still want to see both videos heres mine shows the overall events that transpired
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiL8l9ihyzs[/youtube]
Something is really sickening about that video, dragging along an old man until he collapsed, it's horrible and City desperately need to do something about the kind of scum we are employing.

LoveCity said:
Showsec are no better than thugs in uniform, this is video proof of just how insidious they are. The GMP no better at times. Peter Fletcher will do nothing as usual - or will he? The video evidence is damning.

Everyone has known for some time that showsec are too heavy handed and generally moronic and cruel. That's to be expected though from low paid thugs. The real disappointing thing is that after fans have highlighted their behaviour and unprofessionalism many times to the club, fuck all has been done about it. sort it out fletcher!<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:04 am --<br /><br />Shouldn't MCFC's head of security be totally independent, and therefore have no bias towards supporters groups, showsec or the police?
As an ex police officer I find it hard to see how he fits the bill.

VOOMER said:
The law says people shouldn't stand in a stadium while watching a proffesional football match. 80 plus people died because scum had taken over the terraces, caused fencing to be erected and cost clubs millions. But it also led to better stadia and neutered the scum element. What is missing here is a consitancy and dialogue with the fans. Firstly the language is a digrace. You morons and you know who you are, can't utter a sentence without swearing even when children are present, so should even consider you're views. Secondly some fans are probably sick of standing because you want to, you selfish ingrates. Thirdly, I miss the Kippax!

The 'law' says no such thing. The law says stadiums have to be all seated. There is no law that says fans have to be seated. It is a stadium regulation - unenforceable by any law in the land.
80 plus people died because the game was played in a stadium that didnt have a safety certificate.
There was enough room in the Leppings Lane terrace to accomadate all Liverpool fans that day throughout the four pens. But the stewarding and policing on the day - totally inadequate 22 years ago in grounds across the UK - had a lot to be desired.
You claim that you miss The Kippax. If you mean the Kippax Terrace then you will know exactly what I mean.
As for the language..... when people get angry, they swear a lot. People around the scenes witnessed here were very angry at what they were witnessing.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
rickmcfc said:
This needs sending to Sky and the Sunday Supplement team. It would be great if they showed it on there, helps to spread the word about the scumbag stewarding. We need this to be seen by as many people as possible.

odd how we hate them bitching about the club until we want them for our own gains.

I agree, but in this instance it would be beneficial to the fans.

VOOMER said:
No it doesn't. That's been dealt with multiple times on here. If it was against the law how do you think lower division clubs up and down the country still have terracing?

Standing equals scum in your view then. That's nice, and simple.

I apologise for my use of language. Next time I'll call them cretinous proles. No, actually, I won't. It's a football match, in a standing/singing section where people know what to expect. When you're calling people morons do please use correct grammar though. Not to do so lessens the grounds from which you promulgate your argument - that of intellectual superiority.

We've done a survey of 109ers and we're overwhelmingly in favour. This survey has been completely ignored when the tiny minority who wish to sit could easily be relocated to the vast majority of the stadium which are sitting blocks. When people were standing in other blocks last year stewards told them to relocate to this one because standing would be allowed. 109 stood all last year and the stewards stopped trying to get us to sit down after about five matches so it could be reasonably assumed they'd decided to allow this block to stand. They only sent out letters after we'd renewed and I didn't even get one, along with about half the block from what I can gather. Last point on this, the standing blocks are clearly oversubscribed so any calls on us to move are frankly ridiculous. You try to ask for three people to sit together in 110/111. I guarantee you it can't be done. Know why? I've tried for several seasons. These blocks are extremely popular and never an unsold seat by match day save Timisoara or some other match of that stature.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
rickmcfc said:
This needs sending to Sky and the Sunday Supplement team. It would be great if they showed it on there, helps to spread the word about the scumbag stewarding. We need this to be seen by as many people as possible.

odd how we hate them bitching about the club until we want them for our own gains.

Why is that odd ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.