Trying to gamble up to a season ticket.....

Orangangu has summed it up..on the football you can lay spain & the draw, so effectivly if you fancy england as you say you do you could clean up by laying spain & the draw..England win you claim all bets!..Just be carefull i would start off pretty low if you are knew to this,but i would read all the betfair rules very carefully untill it all sinks in....but it is a great way of hopefully making money,once your on here you will never put a bet on in a bookies again..the percentage overound is awesome!

you can also lay odds-on bets, which will not risk that much but where you could land a larger amount if the odds-on bet (for the punter) loses!

similarly on BetFair you can often stake a quid (for example) on a 100-1 shot, and if the price moves in, say to 50-1, you can take your pound off the table and have a 'half-bet' left for free, or clear your entire bet for a double-your-money profit. On one pound staked none of this is too exciting or profitable, but if you had staked more you can see how trading around positions on BetFair can give you a much more profitable profile than a simple bookmaker's shop.

I was laying odds on NFL games a few years back - sometimes in the last minute where the ball was dead or going to be and it was a virtual certainty but some people still had money hanging out there I could take. I had a nice looking position with the SF49ers v The Cardinals and looking to clear up something like $50 for about 30 seconds left in the game, when something odd happened and the SF49ers got the back off Arizona and not only scored a touchdown but also a 2 point conversion (which they had to do or else I'd win my bet) and I saw about $1,500 leave my account. That was a not-so-good result, but my girlfriend at the time was with me at a party (a business one) a few days later and had a few too many beers to drink. Then she blabbed to someone of importance (who had a very conservative outlook) that I had gambled and lost this amount of money on a football game - not quite the image I wanted as a serious business pro in that company, ehehe.

Just been playing on 888 for a few hours on that 88c buy-in. At first I didn't get anywhere but I then finished 3rd and then 4th, so I'm improving I think.

Only won about $7 so far, but that was with the offer money of $8 so not too bad.

At the start of every season me and my mate chuck £50 into the pot. We take it in turns to place a bet with a simple set of rules. You can put the money on anything you like but can only use up to 50% of the pot for an odds-on bet and 25% for an odds-against bet.

Tend to do a lot of singles on the football (particularly Sunday games as for some reason they seem to go with form more than the Saturday games). Also do a lot of sports bets where there are only 2 outcomes (i.e. one person beats another or one team beats another) e.g. tennis - football by default has three outcomes - the dreaded draw.

Once the pot reaches a grand we draw it back down to £200 and start again. My mate is a bit of a nutter and some of the things he puts the money on are akin to betting on two fly's climbing a wall!

Been doing it 6 years and made a return every year.

Odds of 1/3 are pretty shit if you only have a £3 stake but when you have £300 going on a £100 return is pretty healthy.

trumpton said:
At the start of every season me and my mate chuck £50 into the pot. We take it in turns to place a bet with a simple set of rules. You can put the money on anything you like but can only use up to 50% of the pot for an odds-on bet and 25% for an odds-against bet.

Tend to do a lot of singles on the football (particularly Sunday games as for some reason they seem to go with form more than the Saturday games). Also do a lot of sports bets where there are only 2 outcomes (i.e. one person beats another or one team beats another) e.g. tennis - football by default has three outcomes - the dreaded draw.

Once the pot reaches a grand we draw it back down to £200 and start again. My mate is a bit of a nutter and some of the things he puts the money on are akin to betting on two fly's climbing a wall!

Been doing it 6 years and made a return every year.

Odds of 1/3 are pretty shit if you only have a £3 stake but when you have £300 going on a £100 return is pretty healthy.

interesting money management rules there... you might post up your bets and get quite a following - another option is to leverage your expertise and take a little vig from other people.

achieving the sorts of results you claim above isn't easy, so this is an impressive record indeed.

(and I ran up a single $110 account into over $40,000, but it wasn't through sports betting)

Oohvonkyvonky said:
de niro said:
MCFCinUSA said:
and that's probably why you're not a pro gambler my man

;o)

(and here's the link once again for a bit of a laugh: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-professional-gambler-aptitude-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-profes ... itude-test</a> as this sort of subject keeps on coming up in these sorts of threads, and there's really no reason for anyone to throw their money away unless they couldn't care less about it and/or enjoy losing)

i'm not a pro mate you are right, i went back in to play on 0 and lost 120 in the same mins it took me t win the 600, happy with what i won so i did one and went back to work.

Going off your posts in this thread De Niro - I had 3quid in my Paddy POwer, so I thought I'll have a dabble at the roulette.. went on got upto £45 using your numbers :-) then left at £35 after my Tenner gamble failed me... Nice one.

well done mate, i got about 60 brick this morning, gives me something to play with:)
i like to win of course but as long as i play with their money it doesn't hurt as much.

honestly don't know what I've created with this thread. Thought it'd be a lighthearted bit of fun, allowing people to laugh at me as my ambition went down the pan, but it's gained a life of its own.

Let's update things:
Bet 3: lost (didn't see the race so can't comment, but I'm wondering if my stats are out-of-date, is this one of teh courses that has renumbered its stalls the other way around?...or was the horse just "doing a Barry" [I think that's the offical terminology now])
Bet4: won

So the bank stands at £66, £3 down on the day, which I'd take given the fact there was nothing I really faniced.

Today is a different story, and I'll be back later with evening picks, but
Bet 5: 14:40 Yarmouth Mister Ben Vereen TBP £20@1.75
Bet 6: same horse, £5 win@5.1

terrible luck in running last time out, and I have a question mark against the calibre of the race the favourite won.

LeeOnePen said:
honestly don't know what I've created with this thread. Thought it'd be a lighthearted bit of fun, allowing people to laugh at me as my ambition went down the pan, but it's gained a life of its own.

no I think you've achieved that and also, for those who really are looking into earning a little extra cash on the side, they can explore some of the info posted up in response to your tilting at windmills

;o)

it's all good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.