Trying to gamble up to a season ticket.....

SWP's back said:
Ok- I'm going to try and emulate the OP. I've registered on betfair, have £25 (plus a further £25 if I lost the first bet).

I've laid Golden Waters in the 14:40 at Yarmouth at 4.7.

I stand to win £6 or lose £22 and I am psyched!

Edit: any tips appreciated as I know fuck all about horsey's. (I'm only playing the £25 as not really a big gambler)

Edit 2: I used the remainder to mess about, ended up with 4 bets somehow. Anyway, if the favourite (Locum) wins I end up £64. Yey.

yeah, go and take the professional gambler's aptitude test SWP (for non-professionals) as linked above and get acquainted with the odds and likelihood of you busting out doing stuff, what's real and what's not, and how you might end-up making money regularly gambling; for a laugh why not post up your results on here?

ehehe

goodluck with the action; I reckon there's a fair chance some people on here could win their season tickets!

Is that on the machines in the bookies or online de niro?

If it's the machines, wear gloves next time you play. I swear the bastard takes your prints and makes sure it gets its money back off you next time.

de niro said:
i dont understand all that bollocks, i just put numbers on and hope its a winner:)

and that's probably why you're not a pro gambler my man

;o)

(and here's the link once again for a bit of a laugh: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-professional-gambler-aptitude-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-profes ... itude-test</a> as this sort of subject keeps on coming up in these sorts of threads, and there's really no reason for anyone to throw their money away unless they couldn't care less about it and/or enjoy losing)

MCFCinUSA said:
(and here's the link once again for a bit of a laugh: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-professional-gambler-aptitude-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-profes ... itude-test</a> as this sort of subject keeps on coming up in these sorts of threads, and there's really no reason for anyone to throw their money away unless they couldn't care less about it and/or enjoy losing)

I am a wolf, apparently.

Not sure I enjoy this.

I was down to £19.31 after that first race so lumped it all on Unex Goya in the 15:10.

Won that and now am at £33.81 after 5 bets on 2 races.

It seems a long hard slog to get to £580

gaudinho's stolen car said:
SWP's back said:
Not sure I enjoy this.

I was down to £19.31 after that first race so lumped it all on Unex Goya in the 15:10.

I always thought gambling was a guaranteed way to make money.

It would seem not to be. :-(

SWP's back said:
Not sure I enjoy this.

I want to re-stress that I started this as a bit of fun, but if it starts being successful then the key is to alter your stakes based on a percentage of your bank. Taking yesterday as an example, I wagered 20% of my bank on Bet 1, and a further 30% on Bet 2, leaving 50% untouched. If the starting bank had been, say, £400, then they would have been bets of £80 and £120 respectively, and the potential returns would have been higher. That said, 20% and 30% are far too high for any long term strategy, 5% and 10% would be much better long term.

LeeOnePen said:
SWP's back said:
Not sure I enjoy this.

I want to re-stress that I started this as a bit of fun, but if it starts being successful then the key is to alter your stakes based on a percentage of your bank. Taking yesterday as an example, I wagered 20% of my bank on Bet 1, and a further 30% on Bet 2, leaving 50% untouched. If the starting bank had been, say, £400, then they would have been bets of £80 and £120 respectively, and the potential returns would have been higher. That said, 20% and 30% are far too high for any long term strategy, 5% and 10% would be much better long term.
So my bet 5 of 100% is not a good long term strategy?

Damn it, I want that £580 today!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.