TUC Conference

barney10 said:
Cheesy said:
And why wouldn't he welcome anyone discussing their concerns with him? What's he going to do, set his lynch mob on them?
Dear me, all i have seen is the anti union mob saying he's a wanker. Well it's an open meeting so why not go and listen.

Can't go. I'll be at work ;-)

BimboBob said:
Can you qualify that? Was it 3 lazy peoples jobs and therefore just one job or were you working 24 hours a day?

Always confuses me when people say this as if you work 8 hours a day and are busy all day then you are doing one persons job. That's it.

You are either easily confused then, or have simply never been in that position.

I worked in a front line position on my own for 2 years. Whilst having to deal with over 100 customers everyday (face to face), I was also expected to answer all the incoming phone calls (about 60 a day) to that same desk, and also do all the admin for the reception point. Can you imagine the public sitting waiting for their turn to be seen (sometimes for 30 minutes or more) and then you get a phone call from another customer and are expected to deal with both. Can you imagine the stress of that day in and day out? Also, having to put up with gobby teenagers, drunks, druggies and suchlike disrupting whenever they can.

That is not a "service" to any customer, it is a travesty. The quality of service is completely lost and mistakes are made. It is a vicious circle of incompetence and stress.

I like to do my job well, without going home feeling like a complete vegetable and unable to hold a conversation with my family simply because I was on overload....so shoot me for that one. I guess it's all well and good if a few pounds are saved on the frontline though eh?

Eventually, two other staff were recruited to help out and the job was done in the way it should be.

So yes, I did the job of three people. Very badly at times it has to be said, through no fault of my own and with a hell of a lot of hard work. Quantity over quality was the desire of management and it stank to high heaven.

mackenzie said:
BimboBob said:
Can you qualify that? Was it 3 lazy peoples jobs and therefore just one job or were you working 24 hours a day?

Always confuses me when people say this as if you work 8 hours a day and are busy all day then you are doing one persons job. That's it.

You are either easily confused then, or have simply never been in that position.

I worked in a front line position on my own for 2 years. Whilst having to deal with over 100 customers everyday (face to face), I was also expected to answer all the incoming phone calls (about 60 a day) to that same desk, and also do all the admin for the reception point. Can you imagine the public sitting waiting for their turn to be seen (sometimes for 30 minutes or more) and then you get a phone call from another customer and are expected to deal with both. Can you imagine the stress of that day in and day out? Also, having to put up with gobby teenagers, drunks, druggies and suchlike disrupting whenever they can.

That is not a "service" to any customer, it is a travesty. The quality of service is completely lost and mistakes are made. It is a vicious circle of incompetence and stress.

I like to do my job well, without going home feeling like a complete vegetable and unable to hold a conversation with my family simply because I was on overload....so shoot me for that one. I guess it's all well and good if a few pounds are saved on the frontline though eh?

Eventually, two other staff were recruited to help out and the job was done in the way it should be.

So yes, I did the job of three people. Very badly at times it has to be said, through no fault of my own and with a hell of a lot of hard work. Quantity over quality was the desire of management and it stank to high heaven.
Don't bite, he's WUMming

tueartsboots said:
mackenzie said:

Don't bite, he's WUMming

That's OK.

Feel quite cleansed now to be honest. ;-)

the private sector has bled this country

exporting jobs to asia has fucked this country

hedge funds have crippled this country

captains of industry are just bloated fat arseholes who should be run through with a sabre

kronkonite said:
the private sector has bled this country

exporting jobs to asia has fucked this country

hedge funds have crippled this country

captains of industry are just bloated fat arseholes who should be run through with a sabre

Rise up !!!!

485px-Logo_of_the_Fourth_International.svg.png

mackenzie said:
tueartsboots said:
Don't bite, he's WUMming

That's OK.

Pay no attention to Tony, he has the attention span of an...erm...

I can see what you mean now. What would have happened if you had taken time off sick through stress? In that position you would have had a lot of justification.

BimboBob said:
mackenzie said:
That's OK.

I can see what you mean now. What would have happened if you had taken time off sick through stress? In that position you would have had a lot of justification.

Thanks for understanding what I meant BB.

Don't do sick through stress. At the time I just got on with it. It was only afterwards I realised that I was ill, and that I had been left to do it because management knew I would.

mackenzie said:
BimboBob said:

Thanks for understanding what I meant BB.

Don't do sick through stress. At the time I just got on with it. It was only afterwards I realised that I was ill, and that I had been left to do it because management knew I would.

And if it happened again? Would you just do one of the jobs? Refuse to do any? Or do all 3 again even though it would make you ill?

I also don't do time off work but if i was put in that position i think i would be really tempted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.