Tunisia advice

Went 3 times years ago, was really nice in the hotels, outside the smart move was to speak German where a nein is a nein & they leave you alone rather then keep mithering us Brits.

These days there's so many other places to go which are hassle free for the same or cheaper price....I don't think terrorism is that big a factor in general but it's just not nice out if the guarded hotel areas.

Went with a mrs when I was at uni and it was cheap. She was blonde and attractive and the locals wouldn’t leave her alone, quite literally pawing at her even with me next to her. She hated the entire experience.
Same happened with me and my ex Mrs on in our honeymoon in Gumbet in '93. The locals found a tall attractive blue eyed young English woman fascinating and she got her bum pinched more than once whilst we were shopping on a market there. I almost lost my cool with one local.
Last time I went was in 2013 to Oludeniz and I'm glad to say things have changed for tourists for the better nowadays. Police have a zero tolerance on locals harassing tourists. We had no problems whatsoever there.

If the idea of a holiday is to sit in a 4*+ hotel and not get out and about then Tunisia is as good as any and cheaper than most. If you think a holiday includes exploring new places, immersing yourself in local culture then Tunisia is also good. Tunis has some fantastic history and the Bardo museum is ace. You can also pop along to see Carthage. A stunning place. Would I go to Tunisia with young kids? Only if my idea of a holiday is option 1. But then what's the fucking point of a holiday where you just stay in one place?

If the idea of a holiday is to sit in a 4*+ hotel and not get out and about then Tunisia is as good as any and cheaper than most. If you think a holiday includes exploring new places, immersing yourself in local culture then Tunisia is also good. Tunis has some fantastic history and the Bardo museum is ace. You can also pop along to see Carthage. A stunning place. Would I go to Tunisia with young kids? Only if my idea of a holiday is option 1. But then what's the fucking point of a holiday where you just stay in one place?

Two young kids entertained in the sun whilst me and the missus can relax and drink a glass of beer or two without her worrying what the kids are up to or kids saying their bored is the fucking point for me

Went on a cultural visit in late 70s. Loved it.

Today, with all the other stretches of sand and water, let alone cultural wonders, in the world, I wouldn’t spend your money to go there again.

You can do better.

Went on a cultural visit in late 70s. Loved it.

Today, with all the other stretches of sand and water, let alone cultural wonders, in the world, I wouldn’t spend your money to go there again.

You can do better.
As a pilot, have you ever flown to Libya or Algeria? They have plenty of coastline to holiday in, pity it's not regarded as safe to visit.

As a pilot, have you ever flown to Libya or Algeria? They have plenty of coastline to holiday in, pity it's not regarded as safe to visit.
No, and I currently fly to places like Aruba, Cancun, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Miami, etc...

I like their beaches, and I don’t have to lay low upon landing!! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.