Tupac...

M22 Blue said:
what dya mean what? I said it was my favourite song.

Not you the brother who said it doesnt get enough love. I was just saying lots of us loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that song. Gonna play it again actually.

Didactic

I see we have another class warrior on our hands. If your argument were true only violent abusive hoodrats would be able to pass comment on violent abusive hoodrats and anthropologists who'd normally fulfil this role would only be qualified to study anthropologists.

Nick Broomfield was well established as a film maker long before he sought out the story of this idiot.

If you hang around with stupid violent hoodrats in order to boost your street cred, despite having a god given talent that ensured enough success to leave that world far behind, then eventually the odds are that you cross the wrong scumbag.

He's no loss to the world, let 'em all shoot each other.

didactic said:
Santiago Street . said:
He was an absolute ****. Check out Nick Broomfield's documentary.

So a documentary by a man called Nicholas Broomfield about a man called Tupac Amaru Shakur, born to a black panther who was pregnant with him while in prison is accurate enough for you to call him a ****?. I am sure Nicholas Broomfield knew him very well.

I shall start on my documentary about "The Royal Family" as I a black male born in the inner city know them very well too.

*Recollect your thoughts dont get caught up in mix because the media is full of dirty tricks." - 2Pac

Why dont you listen to what he has to say himself before calling him names just because a reporter trying to make a name for himself painted him in a bad light?.
Great debate. Documentaries featuring black men, should only be made by black men from the same 'hood. That way we always get an impartial opinion.

Santiago Street . said:
Didactic

I see we have another class warrior on our hands. If your argument were true only violent abusive hoodrats would be able to pass comment on violent abusive hoodrats and anthropologists who'd normally fulfil this role would only be qualified to study anthropologists.

Nick Broomfield was well established as a film maker long before he sought out the story of this idiot.

If you hang around with stupid violent hoodrats in order to boost your street cred, despite having a god given talent that ensured enough success to leave that world far behind, then eventually the odds are that you cross the wrong scumbag.

He's no loss to the world, let 'em all shoot each other.

And yet another person judging people due to what the media says yet knowing very little about them. You have no idea how much work he did as a human being to make the lives of others better but just because he is potrayed in a certain way by a director who you obviously respect then HE MUST BE THAT WAY.

2Pac hung around with different people some from his community. Last I checked he was an accomplished director, writer, producer, actor and one of the highest selling artists in the history of mankind. Yes thats versus any genre of music. He has mountains of awards and im sure has contributed much more to society than Mr Broomfield has, all this before the age of 25 when he died. All this after being born to a crack head mother who was imprisoned with him in her womb.

Why the high and mighty judgemental tones? "they" that you speak of are me and others like me white/black/whatever race born into conditions not of our making and never having a choice in the matter. At least respect the fact he made something out of his life and his murder had nothing to do with "gang violence."

He was executed.

Brilliant brilliant talent.
Complete asshole of a man though. He was actually very clever but just went along with his Thug Life shit. Its no surprise he died young he chose to live that way

Didactic

I never said I was a fan of Nick B. And why would Nick want to portray 2pac in a negative light anyway ?

Let's be honest, 2pac may have been popular in the hood but in mainstream culture back then he barely caused a ripple. "One of the highest selling artists in the history of mankind" - Get real man.

It's idiots like him who are partly responsible for the way people view young inner city men. All his "thug life" bullshit merely served to reinforce the stereotypical image in the media of young black males. Where did all his empty posturing get him ? Bullet in the head, gone at 25. Guy was a moron.

And your final paragraph sob story is risible. Plenty of people are born into underpriveliged backgrounds in dodgy areas but only a minority of them end up as feckless criminal scumbags, the majority go about their law abiding business without resorting to "thug life" shite.

overrated and imo shit,lets rob someones record add a few lyrics and sell it to twats and hey presto im a star...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.