Tupac...

The guy still stimulates debate all those years after his passing.... People won't be chatting about all the other fuckers out there right now selling records, YMCMB? I mean come on....

R.I.P Lesane Crooks

Didactic

This will be my last post as i can see from the comments of other impartial members that you're not a person worthy of having a serious dicussion with.

Either you're daft or you're deliberately misunderstanding my point about 2pac's popularity. He may sit squarely in the mainstream's view now but so does Dr Dre. Back in the mid 90s he simply wasn't. As president of his fan club you should have access to details of his record sales - post a credible link detailing his album sales up until his death and I'll concede the point, otherwise get real.

A handful of music snob journalists on Rolling Stone magazine are not the arbiters of musical taste. These lists are always ridiculous. Music can't be rated. Who's to say that the pleasure my little girl gets from listening to Selena Gomez is any less valid than the pleasure you get from listening to 2pac.

You've never been to Moss Side have you pal ? Interesting that you pick up on my weed anecdote but clearly have no idea what PMC is. It's a boxing gym, full of young urban males and if boxing isn't ensconced in urban black culture then I don't know what is.

A dealer - one who buys and sells articles. Why are they silly wannabe dealers? I give them money they give me weed.

In summary, it seems rather unusual that a middle aged, middle class man such as yourself is such a huge fan of a dead wannabe "gangsta" albeit one with some talent musically. The phrase "living vicariously" springs to mind.

You should grow up pal.

Blue Sam

I'm sure my black girlfriend and my mixed race daughter will be interested to know that I'm a racist. Thanks for your insightful comments.

Santiago Street . said:
Didactic

This will be my last post as i can see from the comments of other impartial members that you're not a person worthy of having a serious dicussion with.

Either you're daft or you're deliberately misunderstanding my point about 2pac's popularity. He may sit squarely in the mainstream's view now but so does Dr Dre. Back in the mid 90s he simply wasn't. As president of his fan club you should have access to details of his record sales - post a credible link detailing his album sales up until his death and I'll concede the point, otherwise get real.

A handful of music snob journalists on Rolling Stone magazine are not the arbiters of musical taste. These lists are always ridiculous. Music can't be rated. Who's to say that the pleasure my little girl gets from listening to Selena Gomez is any less valid than the pleasure you get from listening to 2pac.

You've never been to Moss Side have you pal ? Interesting that you pick up on my weed anecdote but clearly have no idea what PMC is. It's a boxing gym, full of young urban males and if boxing isn't ensconced in urban black culture then I don't know what is.

A dealer - one who buys and sells articles. Why are they silly wannabe dealers? I give them money they give me weed.

In summary, it seems rather unusual that a middle aged, middle class man such as yourself is such a huge fan of a dead wannabe "gangsta" albeit one with some talent musically. The phrase "living vicariously" springs to mind.

You should grow up pal.

Blue Sam

I'm sure my black girlfriend and my mixed race daughter will be interested to know that I'm a racist. Thanks for your insightful comments.

makes a refreshing change,has she got any sisters or female cousins,who are interested in a lovely well hung charming man...lol

Santiago Street . said:
Didactic

You should grow up pal.

Blue Sam

Where did I call you racist?

2Pac was the first artist to have a number 1 album whilst he was in jail "Me against the world" this sold over 5 million. His first album on release "All Eyes on me" sold 2 million in two weeks. Seems like a popular person to me all while he was alive.

You can choose to not continue the discussion for whatever reason but it is you who is ignoring facts and replacing them with personal opinion.

It is you who keeps going on about race when I have made it very clear that this is nothing to do with race but understanding the experience. Never been to Moss side? Now you are making silly assumptions. Again you mention PMC and "black" youths when I repeatedly said it has nothing to do with race. Seems its you who has a hang up about race.

Weeds dealer are drug dealers no matter how you try and twist it.

I am far from being middle aged. I am middle class because I went to school studied very hard and worked myself out of the enviroment I was raised in. 2Pac died in 1996 that was over 15 years ago how old do you expect his fan base to be?. He was not a wannabe gangster there you go with media perpetuated stereotypes.

I think maybe it is you who should mature a tad bit.

Who cares that your girlfriend is black?. Is this some sort of right of passage that some think means they are immediately cleared from accusation of racism?. You have a snotty attitude and seem to look down on people without understanding their situation. Having a black girlfriend and mixed children changes nothing about this.

Anyway like I said feel free to believe what ever you want and continue to have this judgemental view on "black youths" and "urban youths". It makes no difference to me and is expected.

badmash said:
I remember playing 2Pac when he was alive
Got All Eyez on me from Our price the day it came out : )

snap! me too.

I remmeber the ourprice store near me didnt have the album that day so I took a bus to st albans with my mate and bought it from there.

my all time fav tupac track has to be either : 'it aint easy' or 'unconditional love'

ghetto gospel is the best,and fans of the wire brodie is getting shot again...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47isVenV0-0[/youtube]

(What y'all want?)
Unconditional Love (no doubt)
Talking bout the stuff that don't wear off
It don't fade
It'll last for all these crazy days
These crazy nights
Whether you wrong or you right
I'm a still love you
Still feel you
Still there for you
No matter what (hehe)
You will always be in my heart
With unconditional love

[Verse One:]

Come listen to my truest thoughts, my truest feelings
All my peers doing years beyond drug dealing
How many caskets can we witness
Before we see it's hard to live
This life without God, so we must ask forgiveness
Ask mama why I got this urge to die
Witness the tears falling free from my eyes
Before she could reply
Though we were born without a silver spoon
My broken down TV, show cartoons in my living room (hey)
One day I hope to make it
A player in this game
Mama don't cry, long as we try
Maybe things change
Perhaps it's just a fantasy
A life where we don't need no welfare
Shit with our whole family
Maybe it's me that caused it
The fighting and the hurting
In my room crying cause I didn't want to be a burden
Watch mama open up her arms to hug me
And I ain't worried bout a damn thang, with unconditionl love

[Chorus: 2x]

In this game the lesson's in your eyes to see
Though things change, the future's still inside of me
We must remember that tomorrow comes after the dark
So you will always be in my heart, with unconditional love

[Verse Two:]

Just got the message you've been calling all week
Been out here hustling on these streets, ain't had a chance to speak
But you know, with you and me it's on G
We could never be enemies, cause you been such a good friend to me
Where would I be without my dogs
No wonder why when times get hard
Cause it ain't easy being who we are
Driven by my ambitions, desire higher positions
So I proceed to make Gs, eternally in my mission
Is to be more than just a rap musician
The elevation of today's generation
If I could make 'em listen
Prison ain't what we need, no longer stuck in greed
Time to ****plan**** and strategize, my family's gotta eat
When we make somethin out of nothing
No pleasure in the suffering, neighborhood would be good
If they could cut out all the busting
The liquor and the weed the cussing
Sending love out to my block
The struggle never stops (unconditional love)

[Chorus]

[Verse Three:]

I'll probably never understand ya ways
With everyday I swear I hear ya
Trying to change your ways while gettin paid at the same time
Just had a baby with the same eyes
Something inside, please let me die these are strange times
How come I never made it
Maybe it's the way the played it in my heart
I knew one day I gotta be a star
My hopes and all my wishes
So many vivid pictures, and all the currency
I'll never even get to see
This fast life soon shatter us
Cause after all the lights and screams
Nothing but my dreams matter
Hoping for better days
Maybe a peaceful night, baby don't cry
Cause everythang gonna be alright
Just lay your head on my shoulder
Don't worry bout a thang baby
Girl I'm a souljah (huh)
Never treated me bad, no matter who I was
You still came with that, unconditional love

[Chorus 3x until fade]

Just listen to what the man says.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Y9-JlSRXw[/youtube]

Come on come on
I see no changes. Wake up in the morning and I ask myself,
"Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?"
I'm tired of bein' poor and even worse I'm black.
My stomach hurts, so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch.
Cops give a damn about a negro? Pull the trigger, kill a nigga, he's a hero.
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares? One less hungry mouth on the welfare.
First ship 'em dope & let 'em deal the brothers.
Give 'em guns, step back, and watch 'em kill each other.
"It's time to fight back", that's what Huey said.
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead.
I got love for my brother, but we can never go nowhere
unless we share with each other. We gotta start makin' changes.
Learn to see me as a brother 'stead of 2 distant strangers.
And that's how it's supposed to be.
How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
but things changed, and that's the way it is

[Bridge w/ changing ad libs]
Come on come on
That's just the way it is
Things'll never be the same
That's just the way it is
aww yeah
[Repeat]

I see no changes. All I see is racist faces.
Misplaced hate makes disgrace for races we under.
I wonder what it takes to make this one better place...
let's erase the wasted.
Take the evil out the people, they'll be acting right.
'Cause mo' black than white is smokin' crack tonight.
And only time we chill is when we kill each other.
It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other.
And although it seems heaven sent,
we ain't ready to see a black President, uhh.
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact...
the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks.
But some things will never change.
Try to show another way, but they stayin' in the dope game.
Now tell me what's a mother to do?
Bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you.
You gotta operate the easy way.
"I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way.
Sellin' crack to the kids. "I gotta get paid,"
Well hey, well that's the way it is.

[Bridge]

[Talking:]
We gotta make a change...
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
what we gotta do, to survive.

And still I see no changes. Can't a brother get a little peace?
There's war on the streets & the war in the Middle East.
Instead of war on poverty,
they got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.
And I ain't never did a crime I ain't have to do.
But now I'm back with the facts givin' 'em back to you.
Don't let 'em jack you up, back you up, crack you up and pimp smack you up.
You gotta learn to hold ya own.
They get jealous when they see ya with ya mobile phone.
But tell the cops they can't touch this.
I don't trust this, when they try to rush I bust this.
That's the sound of my tune. You say it ain't cool, but mama didn't raise no fool.
And as long as I stay black, I gotta stay strapped & I never get to lay back.
'Cause I always got to worry 'bout the pay backs.
Some buck that I roughed up way back... comin' back after all these years.
Rat-a-tat-tat-tat-tat. That's the way it is. uhh

[Bridge 'til fade:]
Some things will never change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.