Tupac...

Santiago Street . said:
Didactic

I never said I was a fan of Nick B. And why would Nick want to portray 2pac in a negative light anyway ?

Let's be honest, 2pac may have been popular in the hood but in mainstream culture back then he barely caused a ripple. "One of the highest selling artists in the history of mankind" - Get real man.

It's idiots like him who are partly responsible for the way people view young inner city men. All his "thug life" bullshit merely served to reinforce the stereotypical image in the media of young black males. Where did all his empty posturing get him ? Bullet in the head, gone at 25. Guy was a moron.

And your final paragraph sob story is risible. Plenty of people are born into underpriveliged backgrounds in dodgy areas but only a minority of them end up as feckless criminal scumbags, the majority go about their law abiding business without resorting to "thug life" shite.

He made Dear Mama, Brenda has a baby, Changes, Letter to my unborn, Me Against the world thats naming just a few. Hardly made a splash? He walked the catwalk in Milan as Versaces first model who was a black entertainer. He made movies with Tim Roth, Thandi Newton and was best friiends with Tony Danza. For you its hard to understand what he is about because you dont understand urban life or culture.

You do not understand so I will not judge you and yes he is one of the highest selling artists ever.

People view us how they want I listen to Jim Morrison I dont think all white people are drug taking people. How can one man impact how an entire group of people view billions of others?. Thats just an excuse to be judgemental but again I understand. 2Pac was convicted for touching a womans buttocks a woman who admitted she had given him oral sex on the dance floor an hour before the incident. It was considered "Sexual Assault" he was out on bail when executed.

No Sob story here you dont understand. Low life donated millions to hospitals and to help poor people get out the vicious cycle of the ghetto. Believe what you want about him it is fine.

THUGLIFE - The Hate You Give Little Infacts Fucks Everybody. Nothing to do with crime.

Tupac Amaru Shakur (June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996), known by his stage names 2Pac (or simply Pac) and Makaveli, was an American rapper and actor. Shakur has sold over 75 million albums worldwide as of 2007,[2] making him one of the best-selling music artists in the world. Rolling Stone Magazine named him the 86th Greatest Artist of All Time.[3]

Didactic

So someone has a different view to you therefore they don't understand the issue, bit patronising buddy. How do you know I don't understand urban youth or culture ? I'm at the PMC on Princess Rd 3 times a week, occasionally popping over the road to buy some weed from the "youth" on the Alec Park estate. Believe me that's pretty "urban" after dark. Correct me if I'm wrong but your message seems to be that I couldn't understand because I'm not black. Again, how would you know this ? You strike me as patronising and presumptuous and dare I say it in this politically correct era a little racist

Read more carefully, I said that back then he'd not impacted at all on mainstream culture i.e would the average man on the street know who he was. He was nowhere near among the top selling artists of his time, his "legend" (*sighs*) was built because he was shot in a daft east coast west coast tit for tat. Being a Versace catwalk model is not mainstream culture.

I said he was partly responsible for the way the mainstream view young inner city men as are all the other daft "gangsta" rappers with videos full of women portrayed as little more than hoes wining with their asses in the air.

You can cut and paste wiki all you want but a lot of your claims are without foundation.

Santiago Street . said:
Didactic

So someone has a different view to you therefore they don't understand the issue, bit patronising buddy. How do you know I don't understand urban youth or culture ? I'm at the PMC on Princess Rd 3 times a week, occasionally popping over the road to buy some weed from the "youth" on the Alec Park estate. Believe me that's pretty "urban" after dark. Correct me if I'm wrong but your message seems to be that I couldn't understand because I'm not black. Again, how would you know this ? You strike me as patronising and presumptuous and dare I say it in this politically correct era a little racist

Read more carefully, I said that back then he'd not impacted at all on mainstream culture i.e would the average man on the street know who he was. He was nowhere near among the top selling artists of his time, his "legend" (*sighs*) was built because he was shot in a daft east coast west coast tit for tat. Being a Versace catwalk model is not mainstream culture.

I said he was partly responsible for the way the mainstream view young inner city men as are all the other daft "gangsta" rappers with videos full of women portrayed as little more than hoes wining with their asses in the air.

You can cut and paste wiki all you want but a lot of your claims are without foundation.

You're wasting your time mate. It's like banging your head against a brick wall with him.

Santiago Street . said:
Didactic

No you dont understand because you simply dont understand it has nothing to do with race. My best friend is white we had very similiar lives.

How can you say he was nowhere near one of the top selling artists when RIAA who chart record sales say he was?. One album out of over 20 he has released sold 9 million copies in America alone over 20 million worldwide. Yeah sounds like noone knew this 2 Pac fella.

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinum.php?content_selector=top-100-albums

List of 100 top selling albums in American history.

10 GREATEST HITS 2 PAC INTERSCOPE
10 'N SYNC 'N SYNC RCA
10 MUSIC BOX CAREY, MARIAH COLUMBIA
10 SEVENS BROOKS, GARTH CAPITOL NASHVILLE
10 DAYDREAM CAREY, MARIAH COLUMBIA
10 THE STRANGER JOEL, BILLY COLUMBIA
10 VAN HALEN VAN HALEN WARNER BROS.
10 1984 (MCMLXXXIV) VAN HALEN WARNER BROS.
10 CONFESSIONS USHER SO SO DEF
10 LIKE A VIRGIN MADONNA SIRE
10 LED ZEPPELIN LED ZEPPELIN ATLANTIC
10 GARTH BROOKS BROOKS, GARTH CAPITOL
9 BIG WILLIE STYLE SMITH, WILL COLUMBIA
9 BROTHERS IN ARMS DIRE STRAITS WARNER BROS.
9 THE SIGN ACE OF BASE ARISTA
9 ALL EYEZ ON ME 2 PAC DEATH ROW/INTERSCOPE

He is on the list twice so because you believe he was not selling so much, it must be true regardless of facts?.

He was not shot because of the East Coast / West Coast problems again all you are doing is repeating media lies without any actual knowledge or research into what actually happened.

The average man does know who Tupac is? He was being mentioned by the president being discussed in congress he has over five number one selling albums. So again a fabrication of reality based on assumption and disregaring the FACTS. There are 2Pac fans worldwide he is the 5th most viewed artist of all time on Youtube. Seems like you are enjoying making things up to put across an empty argument.

And you can make things up all you want but it does not change reality. Like I said you simply do not understand and buying weed from some silly wanna be dealers does not make you an expert on urban culture. The fact that you used that as an example is actually insulting.

Santiago Street . said:
Didactic

That's because he is.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:26 am --<br /><br />
didactic said:
The average man does know who Tupac is? He was being mentioned by the president being discussed in congress he has over five number one selling albums. So again a fabrication of reality based on assumption and disregaring the FACTS. There are 2Pac fans worldwide he is the 5th most viewed artist of all time on Youtube. Seems like you are enjoying making things up to put across an empty argument.
Justib Bieber is the most watched artist of all time on there.

And this website:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gigwise.com/photos/61494/10/Justin-Bieber-Michael-Jackson-Eminem-The-Top-10-Music-Stars-On-YouTube" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gigwise.com/photos/61494/10/ ... On-YouTube</a>

Says 2pac isn't even in the top ten.

Now what were you saying about making stuff up? Where are your sources?

I think you are both missing each others point and both have something valid to say..

and also both a little racist, the weed = urban black culture comment is heavily racist and didactic(sp) you seem to be so pro tupac "no one else understands as they are not black" that you are ignoring everyone elses comments.

From how I see it, Tupac made some mistakes but also did some good for the world too. How much of each depends where you look from.

100 greatest artists of all time.

Tupac Shakur

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/l...ts-of-all-time-19691231/tupac-shakur-19691231

Every rapper who grew up in the Nineties owes something to Tupac. People either try to emulate him in some way, or they go in a different direction because they didn't like what he did. But whatever you think of him, he definitely developed his own style: He didn't sound like anyone who came before him.

My favorite Tupac album is The Don Killuminati. It was recorded after he was shot and spent time in prison. It was like a doctor told him he was going to die, and he was trying to get it all down on paper. That's something the average rapper just could not do: build an entire album around that concept, and stay in that negative space. Everybody knows that they're going to die. But after you're in a life-threatening situation, you think about it a little more.

Tupac's aggressive records are my favorite. "Hail Mary" is just perfect: "Picture paragraphs unloaded/Wise words being quoted." Most artists now just aren't smart enough to write that, or honest enough to write a line like, "I ain't a killer but don't push me." These days rappers will just tell you, "I'll kill you."

Tupac was like a camera. It's incredible how much he wrote — how much he documented. To me, 'Pac was more of a poet than a rapper. You can always tell when you're hearing Tupac verse. He wrote those lyrics without any music. Notorious B.I.G. was more melody-driven — I'm sure he wrote his shit without a pen, and over the music — but 'Pac was just hashing out his life. The thing was, he was doing that when the public eye was on him, and everything he was hashing out just expanded, and that's when things got out of control.

All of us on the East Coast loved Tupac. The music was all that mattered. That East Coast/West Coast feud was just personal beef. Now that he's not here, he's bigger than ever. I can still listen to two or three Tupac CDs straight. Sometimes I put on Tupac's best songs, followed by Biggie's best songs. Then I get ready to go into my next project.

Laurence Fishburne told me once that he didn't like Tupac. He told me it was because Tupac was so much smarter than everyone around him. He said he didn't like the way Tupac behaved because he knew that Tupac knew better. I understood what he meant. But I still gave him a look like he was bugging.

BlueSam said:
I think you are both missing each others point and both have something valid to say..

and also both a little racist, the weed = urban black culture comment is heavily racist and didactic(sp) you seem to be so pro tupac "no one else understands as they are not black" that you are ignoring everyone elses comments.

From how I see it, Tupac made some mistakes but also did some good for the world too. How much of each depends where you look from.

Nothing to do with race for him to be so successful he has crossed over to every race. Even his music preaches a message of tolerance

"I see no changes. All I see is racist faces.
Misplaced hate makes disgrace for races we under.
I wonder what it takes to make this one better place...
let's erase the wasted.
Take the evil out the people, they'll be acting right.
'Cause mo' black than white is smokin' crack tonight.
And only time we chill is when we kill each other.
It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other." - 2Pac Changes.

When I say he does not understand its because he simply doesnt even some black people do not understand because they have never had the same experiences. My best friend who is like a brother to me is white we are closer than family so again I repeat it is nothing to do with race just a lack of experience and knowledge about a particular situation.

I am not ignoring the comments but countering them with facts, its easy to believe stereotypes perpetuated by the media. The same media that thinks anyone who wears a hooded shirt is a thug. Let alone a man with "THUGLIFE" tattoed on his stomach.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7EzyW9yXA[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW--IGAfeas[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K3aVqMUu24[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yre5nBXAxyk&feature=related[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.