Tupac...

didactic said:
Santiago Street . said:
Didactic

So someone has a different view to you therefore they don't understand the issue, bit patronising buddy. How do you know I don't understand urban youth or culture ? I'm at the PMC on Princess Rd 3 times a week, occasionally popping over the road to buy some weed from the "youth" on the Alec Park estate. Believe me that's pretty "urban" after dark. Correct me if I'm wrong but your message seems to be that I couldn't understand because I'm not black. Again, how would you know this ? You strike me as patronising and presumptuous and dare I say it in this politically correct era a little racist

Read more carefully, I said that back then he'd not impacted at all on mainstream culture i.e would the average man on the street know who he was. He was nowhere near among the top selling artists of his time, his "legend" (*sighs*) was built because he was shot in a daft east coast west coast tit for tat. Being a Versace catwalk model is not mainstream culture.

I said he was partly responsible for the way the mainstream view young inner city men as are all the other daft "gangsta" rappers with videos full of women portrayed as little more than hoes wining with their asses in the air.

You can cut and paste wiki all you want but a lot of your claims are without foundation.

No you dont understand because you simply dont understand it has nothing to do with race. My best friend is white we had very similiar lives.

How can you say he was nowhere near one of the top selling artists when RIAA who chart record sales say he was?. One album out of over 20 he has released sold 9 million copies in America alone over 20 million worldwide. Yeah sounds like noone knew this 2 Pac fella.

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinum.php?content_selector=top-100-albums

List of 100 top selling albums in American history.

10 GREATEST HITS 2 PAC INTERSCOPE
10 'N SYNC 'N SYNC RCA
10 MUSIC BOX CAREY, MARIAH COLUMBIA
10 SEVENS BROOKS, GARTH CAPITOL NASHVILLE
10 DAYDREAM CAREY, MARIAH COLUMBIA
10 THE STRANGER JOEL, BILLY COLUMBIA
10 VAN HALEN VAN HALEN WARNER BROS.
10 1984 (MCMLXXXIV) VAN HALEN WARNER BROS.
10 CONFESSIONS USHER SO SO DEF
10 LIKE A VIRGIN MADONNA SIRE
10 LED ZEPPELIN LED ZEPPELIN ATLANTIC
10 GARTH BROOKS BROOKS, GARTH CAPITOL
9 BIG WILLIE STYLE SMITH, WILL COLUMBIA
9 BROTHERS IN ARMS DIRE STRAITS WARNER BROS.
9 THE SIGN ACE OF BASE ARISTA
9 ALL EYEZ ON ME 2 PAC DEATH ROW/INTERSCOPE

He is on the list twice so because you believe he was not selling so much, it must be true regardless of facts?.

He was not shot because of the East Coast / West Coast problems again all you are doing is repeating media lies without any actual knowledge or research into what actually happened.

The average man does know who Tupac is? He was being mentioned by the president being discussed in congress he has over five number one selling albums. So again a fabrication of reality based on assumption and disregaring the FACTS. There are 2Pac fans worldwide he is the 5th most viewed artist of all time on Youtube. Seems like you are enjoying making things up to put across an empty argument.

And you can make things up all you want but it does not change reality. Like I said you simply do not understand and buying weed from some silly wanna be dealers does not make you an expert on urban culture. The fact that you used that as an example is actually insulting.

your list simpl underlines the fact that record sales does not equal talent or 'genius'

A bit more "gangsta" than Drake and Lil Wayne, but thats not saying much.

He did have a bit of a social conscious sometimes which is better than cars, money, bling etc etc repeat

Pigeonho said:
(C)rap music.
£10m on a fucking hologram?

It didnt cost that apparently. I read an article which stated it cost between 100-400k.

Brilliant stuff and imagine the possibilities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.