Turkey

Can someone fill me in?

I'm thinking it's a military coup to counter Erdogan's Islamist leanings and bring back a more secular state. But I may be wrong. A quick TL;DR would be appreciated.
Military took over TV station saying they wanted to restore the constitution, human rights and freedom of the Turkish people.

Since then reports of parliament being bombed, F16's shooting down military helicopters. Conflicting reports of it being a small military faction.

Thank Thatcher.

Her social revolution turned us into a country of self serving, selfish cunts.
That's true enough. It's much more prevalent in the south (they'll be the ones sinking first...) but the selfishness has been found everywhere for years, I'm only in my 30's. The lick arse bullshit i have to sit through to get a line of actual news, motherfucking fuckwits. I don't give a crap about a flower show or crufts or some meaningless athletics showcase, i want to know what's actually happening around the world, that's what you are paid handsomely for dickhead.

Erdogan:

"This isn't the old turkey anymore. This is the time to clean up the army"

Another dictator propped up by the west coming up.....

FFS i hope the reports are wrong. If not, unfortunately, here we go again. Headline news for a few days then nowt.
CNN US Have an editor speaking to them on the phone who keeps repeating the building is occupied. That's all he'll diverge on air.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.